/I guess so, have fun! I'm on break!" she says laughing while going into<to the staff room. I roll my eyes and walk behind the counter reading a magazine.

The girls' annoying laugh giggles across the room. I go to the rotary phone and call the Tigers football team coach, who sits in his office all day watching the boys play.

I waited for the coach to pick up,and finally, "Hello! Coach Stanson speaking, tigers baseball team, how can i help you ?" coach stanton says.

"Hi coach Stanton, this is julia phillips speaking, may i talk with jordan?"I asked, "Sure," he said before I heard Jordan, "Hello?" he asked, "Can you bring your team over to my work?" I ask, "What, why?" he says, "You were right about making him jealous, please" I plead, I hear him chuckle "Okay sure" he says before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My brother's team is finally at Vincent's, my brother walks up to me with an unfamiliar boy, which I'm assuming is the new kid he was talking about.

"Julia, this is William. William, this is my sister Julia" Jordan says, "Hey, you work here?" William says, "Yeah I do" I reply, "How old are you? This is like child labor" he says making me giggle, "13" i told him.

"Oh I'm a year older" he says, "Your brother said you wanted to make someone jealous?" he whispers, "Yeah, see that boy over there with that girl who can't stop laughing?" I said annoyed while pointing at Scotty and Jennifer.

"Yeah" he chuckles, "Why do you wanna make him jealous?" he asks me, "Because we were supposed to go on a date but he ditched me for her" i told him, he nods and whispers something to my brother.

Next thing I hear is "Damn Jordan your sister is so hot, we kissed the other day. Best. Day. Of. My. Life!" William says, my brother winks at me and I nod knowing this is a part of the jealousy stunt.

I glanced at Scotty but he was already looking at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My brother and his friends had already left. I was counting the money from the register until I heard a customer come up to the counter. I look up to see scotty, I look behind him to see Jennifer looking at some magazines.

"Hi, how may I help you!" I said in a fake cheerful tone. "Who the hell was that?" he asked me, "What?" I reply, "A kid was talking about how you two kissed!" he exclaims only for me to hear.

"Why would you care!?" I tell him "Because..." he pauses, I roll my eyes "Because what?" I said. "You kissed someone else" he says.

"Are you kidding me! You're dating someone else!" I say frustratedly, his eyebrows furrow, "whatever, just get back together with Yeah yeah" he says.

"What are you obsessed with Yeah yeah?! You always rebound our conversations to Yeah Yeah! He has nothing to do with this!" I exclaim.

Jennifer notices this and walks up to scotty snaking her arm around his. I give her a somewhat dirty look. "Because you cheated on me with Yeah yeah!" he exclaims, "Are you fucking kidding me?! You ditched me for this skanky bitch!" I exclaim.

"What's your malfunction?!" Jennifer says, "You are, homewrecker" I tell her, i look back at scotty, "You aren't worth it anyways" i say blankly before they exit the store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at home after work, at the dinner table Wendy was over because she's my best friend.

I told her and Jordan about what happened while my parents had their own conversation.

The phone rings, "Honey can you get that?" she says looking at Jordan, "Fine"

A few seconds later I hear him swearing, "No fuck you, don't call back" he says before slamming the phone down, "Hey! Language!" my dad scolds, "Who was it?" Wendy asks, "Scot fucking Smalls" he says.

"Jordan Samuel Phillips, you better watch your language or else you're grounded!" my mom scolds. He rolls his eyes, "He wanted to talk to you" he tells me.

My eyes widened, "Did he say why?" I ask, "No he just wanted to talk to you" he says. I run up to the phone and dial his number.

"Hello?" I say, "Julia, look. I'm sorry about the stuff that has happened recently. I know I really messed up when I ditched you but you gotta understand that I still see you as my friend. And also that Jennifer is my girlfriend, there's nothing you can do about it." he says.

"So if you wanna date Yeah yeah again, or Benny or anyone, i don't mind" he says, "Okay" i say blankly.

He hung up after some silence and I was glad. I still wanted to date him though but I couldn't because he had a girlfriend.

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Hey guys! Im so sorry I havent been on for a really long time, school has been really busy and i promise to start writting more stories during the weekend. Thanks for reading and feel free to send me some ideas for the book.

-maya 01/26/24