chapter 8: family secrets

Back at the visitor center in the control room where people are working keeping everything at the park running smoothly.

The control room has different sections for different task. The left half handles the park's dinosaur, check motion sensors, and park attractions and the right half handles park security, and weather stations. And on the end of the left section of the room was richard and he was watching his sons on the computer screen as track them on the tour he was smiling watching his kid's having the time of their lives. So how's the tour going said his brother Ben standing next to him leaning down to see the screen, oh they are loving it they just left the Baryonyx paddock and there heading to sauropod lake he said checking the tour route.

So how long are they gonna stay here? Asked Ben, for about three weeks Richard said smiling then frowning remembering the reason why. Ben saw his brother's face then it hit him, oh man I'm sorry I forgotten he said apologizing remember it's been four years since his wife's passed away from a car accident. No its OK it's just hard having to be here when I know I need to be with them he said looking back at the screen with his sons on it, I just hope we can talk about it tomorrow because I really haven't been open about how I've been seeing someone. For the last three months Richard has been dating a woman who's name is Claire Henderson and she works at the visitor center as a tour guide/ Dinosaurs expert.

Now he made a promise to his wife before she passed. That he would not spend the rest of his life alone and would not be scared to fall in love again and he promised but it hard for him cause he felt like he was cheating. But he thought he would never be able to since working at Jurassic park but while checking some work in the visitor center he bummed into Clair and when he saw her he felt those feelings he felt when he met his late wife. He was nervous at first but with some encouraging words from his brother he asked clair out on a date and they hit off he really fell in love again and they soon became a couple. They grown closer with each other to the point where Richard told Clair about his late wife and about his sons.

She felt really happy because she could sense something was up with him. Richard also decided that it's time to them about Clair but he thought it would be even better for them to wait and meet in person since his kid's were busy with their college works. So now is probably the right time but his is still a little bit nervous on how they will react, you think they will like her? Asked Richard looking up to his brother, of course they will once they see how happy she makes they will love her he said patting him on the back then a female employee walked up to them. Hey Ben your team at the lagoon said they need your help with the operating feeding system they said it jammed up good she said, oh OK tell I'm on my way he said smiling at her then he turned to his brother, don't worry to much about it like I said they will love her, he gave him another pat on the back and left for the elevator.

He smiled then turned back to the computer screen. The tour was just entering the sauropod paddock, please let they love her he said quietly to himself while watching the tour.