Chapter 14: A Day Out

The next morning you headed down to breakfast with Daphne, who was nursing a bad hangover but was still under the impression she'd be fine to fly. 

You watched as her eyes rolled from the motion of walking and you told yourself that at todays quidditch practice, you were staying up wind and well away from her, just in case.

You look down the table at Draco who is sat with Enzo and Blaise. You smile as you look down from Draco's gaunt face. The poor boy had had no sleep. Not because he was having a great night partying or up all night in a locked dorm with Astoria enjoying themselves but because he'd been terrorised. 

Enzo kept smirking and trying to hold in his laugh as Draco stared down at his breakfast in a half asleep haze. You'd found out that during the night, Mattheo and Tom, had teamed up against Draco and were chasing him together, Pucey and the others joining in, chasing the poor boy around the grounds as a prank. 

Without his wand to defend himself, he'd just ran, spending the night sneaking about the castle trying to hide from them. When he thought he was safe, his hiding place had been revealed to the group by none other than the poltergeist Peeves, who was hyper from all the fun he'd been having on Halloween and instead of ratting them straight out to the staff, he decided to join in. 

Draco had turned nearly every corner and seen one of them and they had joined in the chase and when he had tried to hide, Peeves had popped up through a wall alerting them to his hiding places chasing him down the corridors too.

The game had only stopped when the Bloody Baron had come and chased Peeves away, the ruckus attracting the attention of Argus Filch, the caretaker. Draco had ran for it again and upon trying to get back into the common room, he'd found himself spelled out of it. He was found early this morning sleeping upright in a cubicle in the boy's toilets in the dungeons.

You tuck your lip in as you try to not smile as Draco's head slips off of his palm, his eyes opening  again with a start. 

As you're eating breakfast, you smile politely as you see Tom walk past with Adrian and a few other seventh years as they clap Draco on the back who jumps out of his skin and glares at them.

Toms eyes linger on you longer than they normally do which makes you smile a little more but also a little nervously. He rarely looked at you for more than a few seconds in public but today he kept looking at you. You awkwardly adjust your Slytherin green quidditch polo shirt, tucking it in a little more around your tummy and continue your breakfast, trying not to look at him.

You continue eating and you keep seeing Tom looking at you and it makes you look away. You try to ignore it but eventually you cave and text him, wondering why he keeps looking at you.