Chapter 13: Halloween fun

The rest of the week drags on and on Thursday evening, everyone is excitedly chatting in the common room about the Halloween feast and party that is happening tomorrow. You'd decided you were just going to go as a black cat.

It was simple, quick and easy to do and was just enough to get you in the Halloween spirit for standing around and chatting with your friends whilst you had a few drinks together.

You'd found that recently you weren't living for time with your friends as much now, now that your brain was consumed with Tom. Hanging out with your friends wasn't as exciting or as fun as your secret moments with Tom. You found yourself savouring every single little smile or moment of eye contact in a corridor, as well as every secret kiss and cuddle up in the hideout room or outside your dormitory door at night.

You found that the days seemed to drag but on the days when you could race up to the secret room and make with Tom, made all the long boring classes worth it.

It was like an obsession and you found yourself smiling to yourself at random moments throughout the day remembering your time together or something he'd said. How your friends hadn't picked up on your new ridiculously happy demeanour you weren't sure.

By Wednesday, you and Mattheo had managed a few polite moments of conversation outside of class after being forced to work together in a group in charms.

He still smiled at you awkwardly and it made you feel so uncomfortable, but it was good to see him walk into the smaller common room earlier with some of your other friends, wanting to be part of the prank. It was like he was getting back to his normal self and it made you pleased.

You had all just snuck back down from the smaller common room where you'd all huddled together in secret, finalised your plan for tomorrow's devious prank.

It was going to work. It had been well planned and thought out.

This prank and the resulting party was going to go off without a hitch.

You smile and laugh at Daphne as she carries on her impassioned rant about Halloween outfits and shake your head as she tries again to convince you to let her do special FX makeup on you.

She gets so excited about her own costume ideas she starts ranting louder, her hands waving excitedly and your eyes flick across to the other table where Tom was studying as his movement catches your eye.

You watch as he rolls his perfect dark eyes at Daphne's excited ranting, so you pick up your phone and text him, pleased to have another reason to speak to him, amused at his reaction.