Chapter 18: Not once but twice!

The next day is one of the most awkward days you've ever had to live through. By the end of lessons, you are genuinely considering asking Tom to obliviate last nights events from your memory, after all. 

Enzo ends up asking you three times throughout the day if you're okay because you keep looking at him and going pink and you're sure you get to a point where you start to creep him out, but he's too polite to say so. 

Your stomach practically flips upside down making you nearly nauseous at the idea that Draco saw you at all. You can still see Draco's wrinkled nose and frown of disgust clearly in your mind. Whether that was disgust at catching his adopted brother having sex or because it was you he'd seen... you weren't sure. 

For some strange reason, you're not really phased at all that Theo saw you too, he was so superbly chilled most of the time (mostly because he spent a great deal of his spare time high) his face had barely shown that much shock, horror or disgust at seeing you yesterday. If anything, when you had replayed those awkward moments in your head, he seemed to be more shocked that the boy they were witnessing with a girl was Tom Riddle.

Not that any of it mattered anyway, Tom had done you a massive favour and taken the memory from them all and they were all treating you as normal, but by the end of the school day you wish he'd taken it from you too. All you kept seeing when you looked at them where their shocked and embarrassed faces. 

As you head back to your dorm after dinner to study, you hope that this awkward embarrassment you feel around them will go in the next day or so once you're busy focusing on your school work and quidditch properly.

The one person you tried to avoid thinking about was Mattheo. You spent all day avoiding his looks. His reaction to seeing you both had confirmed everything you'd thought about his feelings for you.

"You knew how I felt about her...."

His words ringing in your ears, the distinct way his voice cracked that told of his brother's betrayal. That Tom had known about Mattheo's feelings for you and had still either pursued you or fallen for you... you weren't sure which. 

In truth, it didn't surprise you much at all. Tom was ambitious, smart and ruthless when he needed to be. Especially when it benefitted him. As much as you didn't like to admit it, you were sure Tom had swooped in ahead of his brother on purpose... to win your love before Mattheo could even summon the courage to try. 

A part of you felt bad that Tom was the sort of person to do that to his own brother, but you had both wanted each other...

It made you feel awkward and conflicted but also incredibly flattered to be liked at all by them both. Being the subject of two boys affections was a strange turn of events for you, for someone who'd never dated before. 

Especially two brothers. And not just any brothers... the handsome Riddle brothers. 

The very thought allows you one small smirk of vanity as you feel perhaps there must be attractiveness to you and your personality after all. You know how self-deprecating you can be and self-conscious at times, even though you know you're a good person with great skills and talents. As for your looks, you had always tried to not put too much value on them. Instead trying to work on your physical and mental talents and build your knowledge.

But there was no escaping that Mattheo's reaction had been painful to witness. You didn't want to see it again. It broke your heart to see it and as some sort of self torture, your brain kept showing it to you throughout the day and it made every little glance he gave you feel even more painful and awkward for you. You see his crying face in your mind again and your brain had preserved the exact tones of his voice too as he shouted his pain at both you and Tom yesterday.