Chapter 13: Halloween fun

Start from the beginning

-

-

"She's coming!" You whisper loudly across at the others, looking down at your phone, reading the text that Pucey had just sent you from his lookout position on the floor below.

It was the afternoon break on Friday. Most students were outside or in their common rooms relaxing before after-school activities begin but some of the Slytherins were up to something. Including you.

Mattheo and Theo press themselves up out of sight in an alcove on the other side of the corridor and you and Enzo do the same on your side. You press yourselves flat against it more, breathing in tightly as you hear the clacking sound of tiny little kitten heels walking towards you.

A few seconds later, a short woman in a bright fuchsia two piece skirt and suit jacket waddles her way past you all.

The victim of your prank.

Dolores Umbridge.

Her head is down, muttering to herself angrily and her clipboard as she walks up the corridor towards her classroom. Your heart thuds as she passes, trying to keep perfectly still so she doesn't see any of you.

Theo grins across the corridor at you and Enzo and Mattheo watches her walk away until she enters her classroom. You all creep up the corridor following her silently.

One of your other accomplices, Daphne, had already done her part of the prank earlier during her free period, sneaking into the office under the disillusionment charm and replacing Umbridge's pink powdered sugar with powdered pink puking pastilles.

It was well known that Umbridge loved to have many cups of tea throughout the day and she always took a small afternoon tea break during this break time.

You all peek round the classroom doorway carefully and you see an empty classroom.

Between you all, you had taken turns tailing her over the past week, making a note of her routine so that this prank could go off without a hitch.

It was 4pm. Time for Umbridge to take her twenty minute tea break before heading off to monitor detention. That means you have fifteen minutes at most to pull this off.

You all wait at the doorway to the DADA classroom, listening intently, waiting for the confirmation that Daphne's part in the prank had worked. You just had to wait for the cue.

A couple of minutes later, you hear it. The sound of someone throwing up violently. It makes you grin as it's the sign that the plan is working. You all creep through the classroom towards the teachers' office.

Theo stays by the door, he was going to execute the next part of the plan after this one.

Up now was Enzo, another one of the good sprinters in your group, just in case it was needed. He creeps forward heading for the office stairs.