55. Shaadi 🌼

Arini's pov

I looked at the reflection of myself in the mirror. My eyes almost felt the moisture but I got a slight slap on my forearm before that tear could drop. It was Kalpana who glared at me making me chuckle. I wasn't allowed to cry but don't know why the atmosphere was making me emotional.

The thick red coloured lehenga wrapped my body, a few golden jewelleries and a pretty veil. That was my attire for tonight which wasn't a simple look, it seemed heavy. I felt heavy in my heart when the heartbeats started a marathon race inside.

I, myself was amazed by the bridal look. It feels like a dream. Especially when the groom is the one, you loved, you wanted always.

I inhaled a sharp breath and looked at the clock. It's 6:30 . Just a few hours of rituals more, then we will be tied for the whole life. It all started from our school uniform and we are wedding this with our shaadi ka joda.

Shrey has always been the most handsome man for me. Don't know for how many times I have imagined of him with me but for tonight I couldn't imagine him in that sherwani

I couldn't imagine ourselves. As if I needed more alphabets to explain how I feel.

And lastly I glanced at the middle partition of my hair, it was empty. And mom came saying, " Bas kuch der bad meri bacchi sindoor se rang jayegi. Kitni badi ho jayegi "

( just a few hours, after that he will fill vermilion on your forehead, my daughter will be so big )

I smiled too. That was it. My mind could not imagine more than this. And then my phone rang. Before I could see the caller id, they all saw it. And Kalpana was the first one who shouted, " Shreyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy "

I spun my head and could not stop her from taking the call. She took the call and started talking, " Nahi nahi. Baat aur nahi hogi. Abh shaadi ke baad hi baat karna jitne bhi baatein hai " She started teasing and I didn't stop too. I sat on my bed and saw my mom leaving with bhabi while discussing something. They're so bussy.

( no no. No talk right now.. Whatever you have to say, continue that after the wedding)

" Kyaaa itni important hai. Zara humein bhi bataye jija ji " ( what is so important? Tell me as well brother in law) kalpana sat beside me while shouting. I tried to take the phone from her and whined " Give me. Let me talk to my husband "

" Shut up. Still not husband "

" Whatever! Give me yaar" I again tried to snatch but she moved away.

" Arey pehle shaadi karlo fir toh baatein hi baatein hongi "

( at first marry her then you'll have a lot of time to speak)

I wanted to run behind her and snatch the phone but couldn't. My lehenga was so heavy and it was hard to walk so running was too hard. But luckily she came to me by her own this time and handed me the phone.

" Hello " I could not stop grinning. And I could see him almost, grinning as well.

" Kya kar rahi? " Asked he.

( what are you doing?)

" Tumhara intezaar. Jaldi ayo na "

( waiting for you. Come fast )

I heard him chuckling when I said that.

And I giggled, could not bound my excitement anymore and said, " Tumhe pata.. Bohot khubsurat lag rahi aj "

( you know I'm looking very beautiful today)

" Nah nah. Khubsurat nahi"

( no. Not beautiful)