41. Cuts

Bade chalak ho ap log
AnjaliBhosale2 apne toh pehle hi pakad liya kya hoga..kya hi bolu main ab...

Arini's pov

Another tear dropped from my eyes and I wiped it before anyone could see. I hide my face in the pages of my book and let another tear come this time. But somehow I controlled myself.

But it was becoming hard & harder as more time was passing. It's been days since I have seen Shrey. Moreover I haven't talked to him. He didn't come back to the flat still. His phone is off too. My eyes hurt more when I think about all these.

For the last time I wiped my eyes now and sat properly. I tried to concentrate on studies. Don't know why but I was recalling Shrey's words more these days. He used to tell me to study, to focus on my career and all sudden I was so far from him, I felt like listening to him now.

But my heart somehow goes to his thoughts only. I know his condition. I have heard about uncle too. I wish I could stay by my Shrey at this time but he's hiding somewhere. He's not even attending college. It's been 3 weeks now. Soon one month will be gone too.

The class ended and I didn't have any wishes to stay at college too. So I & Kalpana left for our flat. Whenever I am there, I wish to see Shrey somehow but he never comes back. His friends don't even tell me anything. Once I called Bhabi and got to know that he wants to stay with his family now for a few days. But why was he avoiding me?

Couldn't he pick my calls?

I was on the stairs of our flat. My body didn't feel being tired but my heart did. i was walking and heard some footsteps. I turned to find someone there. Someone I wanted to meet.

" Shrey" My lips curved in a smile after finding him and heartbeat raised when I saw him. I tried to take steps towards him but don't know what happened, my feet slipped and I was about to fall.

I closed my eyes but I didn't feel my butt touching the floor. Instead when I opened them, I saw him holding me.

" You "

He was standing in front of me, holding me in his arms, his face was so close. I could feel his breaths too. A tear rolled down from my right eye, meeting him after so long. I wanted to ask him so much but for a moment, I felt like my mouth isn't working. Only my eyes shed tears.

He left me then and lowered his gaze. And I tried to ask, " How are you? " I hugged him suddenly. He took a few back steps because of the sudden move but held me weakly. "You finally came.... I called you everyday.. You never picked... I was so scared... worried... How are you? How are you? " I asked again and again and cried in his arms.

My heart was vibrating inside and his was fast too. But he kept standing there silently. I broke the hug and looked at his face. His eyes were looking down, towards the floor. They seemed wet too. And I wiped that little water from his eyes and suddenly caught a cut on his cheek. It was deep. And another cut was beside his lips.

I touched the place and felt him shivering. I took away my hand suddenly in fear. "What happened to you? " I asked but he didn't even move.

I held his shoulders this time.

" You're going to speak or not? Shrey? Please tell me "

" Arini "

" Yes "

" I am tired. " He stepped back suddenly and turned to go back. I couldn't do anything but looked at his disappearing body. We met after so many days and I couldn't believe it became like this. As I blinked, more tears came down. I wiped them and slowly walked to my room.