52. Will You Marry Me? 💗

Mere se padhai nhi ho rhi 😁💔

🌻🌻🌻

After 6 years

Shrey's pov

" Shrey please pass that bowl " Nodding to Anushka, I passed the bowl of curry to her. All of us were gathering in a family dinner at Arini's house. Time flied so soon that I could not even understand when I passed 5 years with Arini. My life was better than before now. Problems are less now, moreover I have the love of my life too with me.

Mom, dad are happy with my job. And I am giving them rest as they deserve that. What could be better than this for a middle class boy who always wanted to have peace in his life?

" Shrey tum kya kha rhe? Chicken lo ek aur piece " I was brought out of my own thoughts and looked at my plate. It was Arini who served me another piece of chicken.
( shrey what are you eating? Here's chicken for you )

" Apne chair pe beitho aur khana khao jao "

( sit on your chair and eat. Go.)

I told, eyeing her to the chair. She was sitting beside her mom, dad. I don't like how one keeps on serving another one instead of eating her/his own food. And I will never allow Arini to do this. We can eat together and serve each other, right? Isn't it the best?

Nodding to me, she silently went towards her seat and started eating. A smile curved on my lips looking at her. Does she know that a small gift is waiting to meet her in my pocket ? No, she doesn't know and I wonder what would be her reaction when I'll give it to her. Haha.. I'm little excited.

Our families were talking. And I was always uninterested in these kind of conversations. They mostly talk about other relatives, their sons, their daughter in laws. That's so stupid and boring for me to gulp down. So my focus was on Arini and food.

" Nahi nahi.. Humara shrey ghar ka kaam bhi kar deta hai.. Sunday ko jab ghar mein rehta hai " ( no. Our shrey does all the chores on sunday when he's at home) My gaze went to mom as she suddenly praised me. I could not help but gave a soft smile. All of them looked at me and I was nervous now. I mean... Ghar ka kaam hi karta hu.. Ismein itna kya hai?

( I only do the chores. What's so big in that?)

" Shrey apni biwi ko kaam nahi karne dega "
( shrey won't let his wife anything )
Vivek uncle laughed saying that. I smiled looking at Arini as internally my mind spoke 'haan apke beti se kaam nhi karaunga'

( yeah. I won't let your daughter do a thing)

" Aur ek humari Arini " ( and here is our arini ) And I looked at my Arini with a small smirk. " Ek kaam nhi ata isko? Pucho zara gas on karna bhi nhi ata isko shayad " ( does she know a single work? Ask her if she knows to turn on the gas or not) Her mom shook her head in disappointment and the pout on Arini's face, went bigger.

I'm so worried what will happen to her after marriage? " I wanted to aunty to not worry when she said that. I can teach my wife cooking after marriage.

" Sikh legi. Bacchi hai abhi " Came my mom's comment.

( she will learn she is a kid only)

" Bacchi? " Rishita aunty asked in shock. " 24 ki hai yeh abh"

( kid? She is 24 now)

Yes, she is 24 and I am 25. Good pair, right?

" Ladke dekhna suru kardiya kya abh? " Now it ruined my mood. My mom wants to her own daughter in law to marry someone else. I sighed thinking that.