Chapter 16 -Tryant King buys shoes

Start bij het begin

"My lord is indeed far sighted"

They walked the remaining distance to the tavern in silence.

Unbeknownst to them, a pair of eyes were keeping watch on them from the dark shadows.

* * * * * *

River stayed up past midnight, examining two gold rods they aquired .

Proving his suspicions correct, the rod was indeed contaminated with some kind of evil energy or spirit. The more he stayed in the presence of them ,he felt increasingly unwell and irritated.

Surface of the rods were embossed with some kind of ancient texts and symbols. Upon inspection River discovered both rods were identically embossed. The characters were not familiar to him , however.

The rods must have been cleaned before storing at the tax office but the bottom inches were slightly less discolored than rest. River's brows furrowed in confusion.

Someone tapped softly on his door and River went to open it. Aithan stood there , looming over the treshold .

His red hair was neatly combed in to a single braid that fell over his shoulder. He was out of his important looking day clothes and was only wearing a lose set of white night garment. He looked down at River over the silver rims of his glasses. Aithan had same brown eyes Raven did, only they looked closer to amber.

"Why are you still up ?" He asked .

River glanced at the golden rods over his shoulders . " Sorry if I disturbed your rest ,Lord Aithan "

"You dont look well " Aithan pointed out . "Rest "

"Its nothing Lord Aithan , just an upset stomach"

Aithan nodded and silently left. River watched his giant figure dissapear around the corner and went back in .
River flopped on to his bed and removed his boots to inspect his swelling. Not even five minutes later , there was yet another tap on the door .

Aithan Alistair walked in , tray in hand. "Come eat"

"I've troubled My Lord" River apologized.

"Not at all. Dont go to sleep on an empty stomach. It will worsen "

River sat at the table and picked up a bowl of rice porridge. Aithan sat beside him and watched him eat.

"I heard what happened at the tax office " he said in a matter of factly voice. "Dont let his antics upset you."

River silently kept eating his porridge . Raven Alistair and his temper tantrums was not something River minded. Southern king was a walking tornado and River just wanted to shun him.

"He is not a bad person at heart" Aithan dumped some more porridge in to his bowl. " Half the time he isn't even angry"

River involuntarily thought back on Officer Cao's messed up face.

"Ill try to be on good terms with His Majesty" River promised. Aithan gave him a tight lipped smile. When the bowl was cleared, he pushed him a small cup of Softberry wine .

"Drink it all up. Its good for indigestion "

He rested a hand on River's head , like Valour would do sometimes. "Good night"

Then he was out the door .

River was left alone in the small room, with a lone cup of wine and his thoughts.

Author has something to say

Thank you so much for reading my story! Author really appreciates it!

Comment and vote

Aithan/Valour with River vs Raven with River

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Author presents a meme she relates to,

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Fun fact

Author procastinated writting this book for 3 months.