Chapter Forty-One: Unleashed (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"I was back at the school. Again. None of it makes sense it's like some garbled mess." I shook my head. My eyes scanned the room, noticing the piles of clothes, both mine and Derek's, strewn across the loft floor. I could feel my cheeks redden.

"Oh god," I muttered, turning to Derek as he straightened up in bed beside me, his body now alert and tense. "Scott's gonna kill me."

An unexpected toothy smile broke out across Derek's face as he let out a hearty laugh. "Hayley."

"Oh god, he's going to kill you first." I shook my head, looking back over to him.

"Hayley." He repeated, cupping my blushing cheek with one of his hands. His green eyes burrowed into mine and I could feel my heart swell once more, a warm feeling spanning across my chest. I felt bare, even more naked than I had been when I was actually naked. "It'll be okay."

"But—"

"You and I both know he can't do that." He smirked, his thumb swiping against my cheek. His expression turned softer as he leaned in, his face growing close to mine. "And if he can, it was worth it." He whispered. A smile broke across my face as I stifled a giggle.

"It was nice knowing you." I whispered back. Derek's lips pressed against mine, the heat of his body radiating onto me. We tumbled back into the mattress, our lips moving in sync.

"Derek." A tired, husky voice called, followed by the sound of heavy footsteps. "What, what happened—oh." The two of us shot up in bed, finding Boyd walking down the spiral staircase and freezing as his wide eyes fell on us. I scrambled to pull the covers above my chest.

"Boyd." Derek and I said in unison.

"Oh." Boyd repeated, standing in shock.

"You're up." Derek responded, finding himself at a loss for words. My eyes stayed wide as I stared at the Beta, who I hadn't seen in over four months. Not that I had thought much about us being reunited, but this had not been the first un-wolfed meet up I thought I'd have with him.

"Yeahhhh." He elongated, his gaze avoided looking towards either of us. "I can see I missed a lot since I've been gone." I pulled the comforter taught against my body. "I'll be upstairs."

"Boyd wait—" I called, but to no avail the teen was rushing back up the staircase. "Welcome back!" I defeatedly called. I grimaced, looking over to Derek who pursed his lips.

"Yup, Scott's definitely going to kill us." He nodded. I exhaled an exaggerated breath, tossing myself back down into the mattress. I dramatically threw the covers over my head, not hearing the buzzing of my phone with a text from Stiles that read that Heather was dead.

☾☾☾

"Human sacrifices." I repeated in a monotone voice, my brows raised as Stiles paced my room anxiously.

"I know how it sounds, I know."

"So you know it sounds crazy?" I slowly nodded, looking at Scott for backup. He looked away, rubbing a hand behind his neck.

"Heather. The guy Lydia found at the pool. The girl in the woods. They were all virgins! All strangled with a garrote."

"Human virgin sacrifices." I blinked several times. I loudly sighed. "Scott, help me out here."

"I..." Scott shrugged. "Just hear him out."

"Oh my God." I whispered in frustration. "Stiles, think about what you're saying. Three random people that aren't connected whatsoever. And because they all haven't gotten laid, now they're virgin sacrifices? I'm agreeing with you that it doesn't have a werewolf aspect to the killing but virgin sacrifices?"