Murder?

Me: Pikachu, we need to have a talk.

Pikachu: Pika...chu?

Me: I'm desperately in love with you and can't live without you! *Gets on knees and offers Pikachu roses*

Pikachu: Pika-CHU! *Uses thunder shock while blushing*

Me: *Flatlines*

Misty: Thank you, Pikachu!

Ash: You really are a freak, aren't you?

Me: *Still dying over here, folks*

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Team Rocket! Those buttheads! Aren't they WAY TOO OLD for this stuff?

"Hey, who are you?!" Teagan yells up at Jessie, James, and Meowth. Really? Nobody knows who they are? Still?

"They're Team Rocket! A bunch of no good criminals! And old, ugly ones at that!" I explain to Teagan, glaring up at the hot air balloon in the shape of Meowth's head. Pikachu bristles at my side, knowing that they're most likely going to try to kidnap it again.

"Why I never-!" Jessie starts, turning red in the face. James backs away from her because he's a scaredy cat.

"Oh! Is that a grey hair I see?" Gary taunts, actually making me smile—it's fun when we're on the same side.

"That's it! I'm gonna have to put you bumbling brats in your place! Seviper! DESTROY THEM!"

"Meowth, that's right!" Meowth says, even though they didn't do their little song and dance.

Before Jessie can throw her Seviper's poké ball—does anyone else miss Arbok?—Teagan shouts out orders to Steelix: "Steelix! Use rock throw on those pests!" The massive hunk of steel uses its tail to gouge a hole in the earth, pulling up a great chunk of solid ground. If I was Team Rocket, I'd be trembling in my boots right now.

Steelix launches the dirt at the hot air balloon. "Hahaha! I thought you'd do something like that! Allow me to quickly introduce my latest secret weapon to you," Meowth gloats, speeding up at the end because the rocks are headed their way. He presses a big, red button on a small remote control.

Suddenly, a giant robot comes out of nowhere and smacks Steelix's rocks away. I'm too busy registering the robot's appearance—it looks like a giant Buneary—to notice that they're now headed my way.

"Ash! Look out!" Gary lunges for me, tackling me to the ground. A giant boulder crashes to the ground by our heads, making my heart leap into my throat. I can hear Pikachu, Steelix, and Teagan calling out in alarm, but I'm too shocked to pay attention to anything other than Gary's body, lying over top of my own.

"Oh my God! Meowth! You could've killed them! Then we'd be murderers! Do you know what they'd do to me in prison?!" James whines in his obnoxiously girly voice. But I can't look away from Gary's eyes...what is this feeling? Seriously, I need someone to tell me what I'm feeling—I'm not renowned for understanding my own emotions.

"Ash...?" Gary asks, his voice low and smooth. I can feel myself tremble at the sound of it.

"Yeah...?" I return quietly, my brown eyes searching his dark ones. The weight of his body is like a warm, firm blanket against my own.

"Because I saved you," my trance is shattered by his snarky tone, and I groan, anticipating what he'll make me do to pay him back , "you have to go on a date with me."

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Me: Next time on Ash x Gary (Palletshipping), ou- Ah!

Ash: *Karate chops my head* 'The weight of his body is like a warm, firm blanket against my own?!'

Gary: *Finishes sharpening teeth into points with a nail file* I'm gonna KILL you! Never threaten my Ashy again!

Brock: This is gettin' pretty steamy, Emma. What happens next?

Me: *Slaps Brock across the face for his perversion, even though it's a hypocritical move* Stay out of this, Brock. I'll find you a love life later...if I can find someone desperate enough...

Brock: *Sulks in corner, crying to himself*

Ash: Hey, do I say yes?

Gary: 'Course you do, babe. *Puts arm around Ash's shoulder*

Ash: *Flushes bright red*

Me: If you had let me finish earlier, you'd know that next time on Ash x Gary-

Teagan: Skip the intro, or I'll have Steelix molest your face!

Me: *Flinches back from crazy girl* Molest my face?!

Teagan: *Grins evilly* Yeah...

Me: *Frantic now* Okay, okay! We won't know Ash's answer until the chapter after this next one because the next one is from Gary's point of view. He explains to us where he's been all these years and reveals a sinister secret that he'll have to tell Ash one day...

Gary: *Stares at floor sadly* I'm sorry, Ash...