It made River flinch and he jumped back , tripped and fell back with a dull thud .

"The fuck is wrong with you?" Raven looked equal parts annoyed and amused. He picked up another rod and scrutinized them, paying no attention to River on the floor .

He tried to crawl back on his feet but they felt like two strands of cooked noodles. The officer hurried over to help him up.
"Are you sick , mister ?"

"Im alright , My Lord just caught me off guard"

"Is two enough ? " Raven asked "do you want more ?"

I want none! I never want to see those wretched things again!

"Two will suffice my lord "

The second the door closed behind him ,River felt like he could breath normally again. The feeling of unease dulled a great deal but did not completely vanished. River felt his heart slowing down to its usual rhythm.

Tax officer wrapped the rods for them to take and accompanied them out of the office .

"Can I have this good sir's name ? " Raven asked humbly "Ill inform my brother that you've been a great assistance "

The officer laughed merrily "Im Cao"
He then blanched " your who?"

A fist slammed on to his face in answer ,followed by the mortifying crunch of a nose breaking. Officer Cao fell back , blood pouring in a steady stream down his face and neck.

The commotion seemed to grab everyone's attention. Some officers came over , probably intending to interfere with the fight. Raven shot them a glare so intense that they froze on their tracks.

Officer Cao's face was contorted in both fear and pain. Man was shivering like a newborn cattle ,his eyes threatening to outgrow their boundaries.

"Your Majesty" he whimpered pathetically.

River looked at Raven Alistair and felt his knees going weak again.

"They say he acts like a demon when he is crossed"

That has not been an exaggeration.

" Ill let you keep your sorry life and job but the rest of your face will have to go " he smiled darkly, down at the subject of his ire.

Officer Cao threw himself across the cold floor, prostrating before his King.

"Your Majesty is most generous " he wailed loudly, tears,snot and blood splattering. " This subject has spoken wrongly. Have mercy !have mercy!"

Raven grabbed the man by his collar and pummeled him few more times . Officer endured silently as blue and black bruises bloomed across his face . If River was being completely honest, getting to keep his head intact in exchange of suffering a few minor injuries was a steal .

"Don't talk shit behind people's back " Raven threw the last punch with such force that River saw a tooth flying.
"Spineless pig "

He let the man go , who promptly returned to prostrate in gratitude. By this time the crowd had catch on the situation and that this was some important political figure. They all kept a safe distance and watched silently in fear.

They walked out of the office.Raven stomped away and River ran after him, trying to catch up. He reminded himself never to get on the bad side of this man in the future.

Author has something to say

Hi, author here.

If you are reading my story thank you very much. It means the world to me.
If you have any criticism or ideas or anything at all , feel free to reach out to me.
Im updating daily!

Thank you.

Today's mini theatre

Raven - Ill tell my brother that you were a great assistance

Officer Cao - *It was at this moment that he knew, he fucked up*

Raven Alistair