Prologue

❝ What is love? ❞

They will approach you with a lot of answers trying to define that word and one of them will surely say:

" love is family...love come first with your family "

But then, what about orphans ? Are they saying orphans will never know what love is then?
What about Taehyung?...

Sure, Taehyung isn't an orphan. He just had a mother who he didn't' have the chance to meet; a father who he meet rarely, talk occasionally, and who seem not to care about him.

He didn't blame him though, as one of the rich and successful businessman, his father might be busy...

Yeah too busy that he came back home once a year, leaving him in the vast mansion, too quiet and cold to be called home, with his 28 years old brother, Kim Namjoon.

A brother who doesn't have anything else in mind than hospital and his patients. A brother who is rarely at home...what a "chance" to have a doctor in a family.

Namjoon left early in the morning, didn't even have a proper breakfast, then came back home late at night, when Taehyung is already sleeping, or most of the time, he didn't come back at all.

Taehyung wake up, every morning, with the bird's chirping sound and his butler's  knock on the door. He did his morning routine then ate breakfast downstairs, alone.

Before, he would ask to the butler, when the later serves his food:

" What about my brother? Didn't he wake up yet? "

But tired of hearing the same annoying answer:

" I am sorry sir but your brother had an emergency so he left early this morning saying that he will call you later. "

He just gave up and never expected a call 'cause he knows that his brother will forget about it.

And like this, he left for college, attended his morning class, ate lunch then spend all afternoon in his artspace, painting over and over again.

And here come 05:30 pm, he came back home, waited for his brother for dinner but ended up eating alone and as like every 10 pm, he drifted to sleep.

Such a perfect daily routine but...isn't it too monotonous?... Like there is something missing...but what is it?...

Care?

Affection?

Someone?

Love?

And here we go, what is love? If love really is family, Taehyung will never know it then 'cause he isn't even sure if he has one.

But then again one will say:

" love is a feeling that you don't need to search for...it will come to you when it's the right time..."

When it's the right time? When is it??

What about those persons who accidentally die without knowing it? Or are they insinuating that those persons didn't deserve love?
What about the sick one who can't afford waiting for it to come cause they don't have much time?
What about Taehyung?...

Sure, he isn't dying but sometimes, in the middle of the night, the boy will wake up with a horrible headache and an impressing feeling to throw up, that's why he found himself emptying his stomach in the bathroom till there is nothing left and his throat burn.

It hurts, so much that he think he will die but then the doctor's words ring in his ear:

" Don't worry Mr Kim. There is nothing serious, just don't stress yourself and rest well...i will prescribe you some medecine to make the pain go away."