Chapter 20 - Found

Start from the beginning

"Drew, it's time to go get your girl!" Lexi grinned as she opened the front door and stepped onto the porch.

"Easton found something?" My eyes widened as I jumped up.

"He might just have found where they are holding Eloise." Lexi said as we made our way back into the house.

As I entered the house I noticed Easton who sat at the kitchen table typing away on his laptop. He noticed our presence and moved the laptop so that we could see what was on it. It was an address of an abandoned factory.

"I thought Stetson's name sounded familiar. So did a little more digging and turns out it wasn't for nought. There is a property just outside of town registered under the name of his brother. Vincent Stetson, the boss of The White Lions gang." Easton said nervously.

If The White Lions' leader were here it meant we were in real trouble. Vincent was desperate. His presence here confirms it. Which was bad, because desperate people were often dangerous.

"When can we leave?" I looked at Easton.

"There is no we. I am leaving right now. We both know I can't let civilians get involved in a potentially dangerous situation." Easton said pointedly as he stood up from the table. I stood up a moment later.

"There is no way you are going there alone and I need to see if Eloise is okay. And you can't stop me." I crossed my arms over my chest. Easton took one look at me and sighed as he rubbed his hand over his face. He knew I wasn't going to just sit on the sidelines knowing someone I love was in danger. So Easton sighed and nodded.

"Fine, but you have to listen to every word I say. If I say "stay back", you stay back. Got it?" Easton eyed me. I grunted in agreement. Easton grabbed his keys off the kitchen counter and made his way to the front door. Lexi and I trailed after him.

Easton spun around as we neared his parked car. "Where do you think you are going?" Easton asked my sister with a raised brow. "With you guys, obviously." Lexi said as she placed her hands on her hips. Easton moved closer to my sister. Every instinct told me to step between them, but just as I was about to intervene Lexi gave me a hard stare. "I can handle myself" was written all over her face. Okay then.

Lexi tilted her head to the side as she smirked at Easton. "You know I'll just follow you if you don't let me ride along, right?" Easton held her stare for a moment and then sighed. "There's that familiar Owen's streak of determination." Easton chuckled.

Easton opened the backseat door for my sister. She climbed in happily. "One of these days your recklessness might just kill me, Owen." Easton said to my sister before shutting her door. "You and me both." I chuckled.

***

It was a bit of a longer drive to the factory than I anticipated, but eventually, we made it. The factory was just outside of town. It was almost dark as we climbed out of the car. A yellow glow illuminated from inside of the factory. "Looks pretty occupied for an abandoned factory." Lexi noted as she came to stand next to me. I hummed in agreement.

Easton pointed at my sister. "You stay here. We need someone to be here if we need a quick getaway."

"Sure, that's why I should stay here." Lexi chided but stayed where she was. One less thing to worry about at least. I had a feeling Easton would agree with me. "You stay behind me at all times, okay?"