Chapter 12 - Full house

My siblings arrived late in the afternoon

My siblings arrived late in the afternoon. It was cloudy outside so it looked much later than it actually was.

"Helloo, anybody home?" Nash shouted as he burst through the door with an overnight bag in his hand.

Eloise and I sat at the kitchen table drinking our tea and coffee when Nash's blue eyes landed on us. I stared at him with an unamused expression. Nash was such a drama queen or should I say king.

Eloise and I at least had most of the day to ourselves, before they showed up.

Eloise stood up to greet Nash. Nash sauntered to her and lifted Eloise up. He then spun her around before setting her down and wrapping her in a hug. Eloise let out a giggle.

"Okay, you can let go of her now." I grumbled.

"Getting possessive are we?" Nash taunted as he wiggled his eyebrows and he set Eloise down on the ground. Eloise took a place at my side.

"You know I love you for it." She whispered in my ear as she laid her hand on my chest. It sent shivers up my spine and in a certain direction downwards.

"Ugh, come on you stupid suitcase." Lexi grunted from outside as she struggled to get her suitcase up the porch's stairs. Blake silently picked up her suitcase and walked inside the cabin with Lexi's suitcase and his bag.

Lexi walked in after her raven-haired brother and muttered a quick hello. She gave me and Eloise a small smile, before walking to the corner of the room. I noticed her smile was strained which did not sit right with me. Damn, Easton.

"She knows we're only staying here for the weekend right?" I murmured to Nash.

Nash's eyes widened.

"Lexi needed to get away from you know who." Nash said softly as his eyes flicked to our sister who was now looking at the family pictures on the shelf with a solemn expression. She was looking at old pictures. Pictures that were probably more than a decade old. Lexi's finger drifted over the figure standing next to the younger version of herself in the picture. I looked more closely and saw that her hand had travelled over Easton's figure. I grunted internally. Easton looked different and younger, but you could still see the similarities between his younger and current self. Same blond hair and blue eyes. The only difference was that this small scrawny boy had grown into a well-built man. An irritating man, but still a man. Lexi's eyes had a pained look in them as she stared at the photo.

Eloise seemed to notice Lexi's expression and decided to get her head in another direction. "Come on, let's get your stuff to your room." Eloise said as she took Lexi's suitcase from Blake and walked down the hallway. Lexi trailed behind her.