Chapter 20

Just another day in the Beastworld, or it was supposed to be.

How did things go tits up so fast?

Genisis and her mates were following the plan watching the meeting between the mer prince and her mates when, everything went black and the next thing she knows she wakes up to having a tail, fins and gills in her neck. It's dark and cold, she is lucky she has enhanced eyesight and her night vision is excellent or she would be freaking out right about now.

The water is cold but it doesn't seem to effect her, must be part of her beastform. She apparently has been abducted and now she has to think of an escape plan.

She starts rubbing her mate marks, and feels relief when she can actually talk to Mizu, Mizu seems to be very pissed off that she is gone. He tells her that they have 'mind speak' in their beastform. Underwater it is different when it comes to sounds, so they have 'mind speak' in the water type Beastman clans.

She tells him that she is in a dark cave and that she just woke up and she is in the mer beastform.

Mizu is relieved that she is at least not going to drown down there. He tells her to get used to her new form as quickly as possible so that if the chance comes up to escape she won't have as much difficulty not being used to the way her tail and fins work.

She tells him she is fine other than being trapped and asks that he keep the rest of the family safe while she figures a way out of wherever she is at.

She wonders if her magic will work under the water and tries out her magelight spell, she is happy to find that it does work, she sends out a ball of light that hovers around her and moves with her when she moves.

She finds that her spell seems to brighten up the whole cave she is in, she finds that at the end of the cave is a opening and she follows it to a large cave like area that leads out of the water into a large cavern, she swims to the ledge and let's her magelight spell go.

She surfaces and finds herself in a well lit cavern that has a huge doorway leading up some stairs and into what looks like a palace.

Uh oh, I ain't in Kansas anymore.

She decides to go back the way she came and look for another way out, just as she is going to swim back the way she came from, she hears a low growl and is startled and whipped around to see what or who made the sound.

Just inside the doorway to the palace is a shadow, and the growling is coming from there, she watches as the shadow slowly moves towards her and the growling gets louder, just as she again starts to duck under the water, a voice says "And just where do you think you are going little mate?"

She throws up her magelight to hopefully blind whoever is talking and quickly ducks back beneath the water, she gets barely under the surface when she feels arms wrap around her and she is quickly pulled from the water. She is pulled up unto the ledge until her whole body is out of the water. Her tail doesn't change back to her legs, she thought if she left the water she would change back.

She feels a weight around the bottom of her tail just above her tailfin. She pulls her tail up and sees something wrapped around the base of her tail just above her fin.

She starts to try to take it off but her arms are being restricted by whoever pulled her from the water, for the first time she gets a good look at her captor and sees the multi colored mer from her dreams.

She isn't overly shocked for some reason.
She had hoped her plan would have worked and thus she would have avoided this happening.

But she is now in this situation and there was no reason to get overly upset, if she lets herself fall apart then she may never get back to her mates and kits.

She calms herself down, and decides to calmly talk to this mer prince, just like all the Beastmen she has seen so far he is absolutely gorgeous, an Adonis, but then he did kidnap her and is holding her here against her will, that takes away some of his attraction.

She calmly asks the male why he took her from her mates and why is he restraining her now?

He chuckles and in a vevet soft voice says," I am your mate I just rescued you and brought you back home."

"But, I don't know you and I have never been here in my life before now" replied Genisis

"You are one of only two female mers born and you were promised to me at the time if your birth, your mother promised you to me on her deathbed the day you were born." Replied the prince

" My name is Genisis and I was not born to your clan, I was born to the leopard clan, see here is my clan mark" she pulls her hair aside to show him her clan mark behind her ear.

The prince looks shocked, he can clearly see her clan mark and it is the leopard clan, but how is her beastform a mer?

He drops his head in shame, "I honestly thought you were my chosen one, can you please forgive me for taking you away from your mates?" "Also if you don't mind can you explain why a leopard clan female has a mer beastform ?"

" I don't mind explaining, but that will only happen after you return me to my mates, if you please your majesty uh?" " Oh sorry female, my name is Prince Ningyo of the mer tribe" he says with a slight bow.

" I shall return you to your mates at once and again I am so sorry for any distress I have caused to you" Ningyo says

"Prince Ningyo do you know my mate Mizu?" Asked Genisis