K.C - kook year

Request : none ! I wrote this ages ago and wanted to post it here.

‼️ warning : kook year...

Kiara POV.

Freshman year. Kook Academy.

What does that mean for me? It means everything.

It means living nighmares, it means litteraly death.

I had to go away from JJ, Pope and John B, my second family. The only ones who can understand me, the only ones I can stay natural with. I hope my mother is right, I hope to find people with whom I can talk about surfing or turtles. Is it too much to ask ? But no one can replace them.

As soon as I stepped into the school, I was already looking forward to the end of the day. The whispers had already started and I could feel the heavy gaze of many on me. After all, there were many questions to be asked. Why was a girl like me coming to a school like this? After all, I had hardly ever had a girl friend and my only friends were the pogues. With them, I stole, smoked and surfed and the kooks were known to party, tanned and play golf.

But I wasn't that different, I was just a 15 year old girl who wanted to live my life. But my passions were totally different from theirs. But then again, I can't blame them. I had no doubt that some of them could be good. After all, if you were raised in a pretentious family, I guess that makes you like them...

I recognized from distance a girl living close to me, Camila. I walked towards her, ignoring the others and smiled at her. She closed her locker and flinched a little when she saw me.

"Hi, Kiara?" she asked me, confused.

I smiled at her.

"Hi Camila. How are you?"

"Good, thank you. What can I do for you ?"

I didn't answer her right away. What could I tell her? That I wanted a friend? No. That I wanted to fit in? That I didn't know anything about this school, not even my class? Surely not.

I sighed and let out a nervous laugh.

"Do you want to meet me after school ? Maybe go, uh-"

She interrupted me.

"Oh, uh yeah. I can't. My mom is- uh."

I nodded, trying to keep my smile. She didn't want to mess up her reputation.

"It's okay."

It wasn't a big deal. Not everyone was like that, I guess? Anyway, class was starting in two minutes. I had to find my class. I walked into the science classroom, a little late because I had gotten lost on the way. The eyes automatically turned to me. Great, really great.

The teacher had square glasses, she was imposing and quite tall. Her long, wavy red hair matched perfectly with her orange sweater. She gave me an angry look.

"Miss Carrera, is it ? Why are you late in your first day at school, uh ?" she asked me in a noisy voice.

I could feel my heart beating really fast, like I was doing an oral exam in front of the president of the United States. Breathe, Kiara. Just breathe. 

"Uh, yeah sorry. I got lost in the halls," I said.

She nods.

"Great, present yourself." she says.

Fuck. Why did I have to introduce myself? That's so boring for the other and embarassing for me.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Kiara and um... i love surfing." i said, hesitantly.