Chapter 12: The Restricted section

Start from the beginning

As you cut down the Slytherin common room stairs, you nearly gulp when you see Tom for the first time since he'd kissed you goodnight at your door. He's sitting on one of the dark emerald green sofas with his friends. They're talking about something you can't really hear. You do everything you can to control your awkward shyness as people stare at you and your bouquet.

As you walk past Tom and his friends, they all look at you and the flowers in your hands. This is where you see how good an actor Tom can be. The same expression as his friends, as if he truly hadn't sent them to you. 

But you know he did, the little card had your name in his elegant, swirling calligraphy that you'd come to adore. His acting face is so good that for a moment you second guess yourself as you walk past heading for your dorm.

You get back into your dorm room and open your cupboard, finding the vase you kept. It was sometimes nice to go out and grab wild flowers or treat yourself to some in Hogsmeade. But this was so different. 

Flowers from a boy. And not just any boy, your boyfriend. Tom Riddle.

No, that was going to take some getting used to. That Tom was your boyfriend now. The type of boyfriend that bought you flowers. It makes you smile shyly and blush as you fill the vase with water. You put the flowers in the vase on your desk and step back, smiling at them. Your desk looks so much nicer with some pretty flowers on it. 

It's even better knowing they're from Tom. Every time you look at them, you're going to think of him. You smile knowing that every time you sit at your desk for the next few days, you'll have beautiful roses to look at.

If this was what it was like to have a boyfriend, and in particular, Tom Riddle as your boyfriend, it was something you were quite looking forward to getting used to.

Getting presents and gifts wasn't something you were overly used to. Being spoiled like this was definitely new to you, especially from a boy and for a moment you are so grateful he didn't hand them to you in person as you know you wouldn't have known what to say to such a sweet, romantic gesture.

You snap a quick picture to send to Tom and text him to thank him for the flowers.