Chapter 12: The Restricted section

You stare down at the beautiful bouquet of flowers in your lap as you finish your breakfast. They had earned you stares from a lot of other students and you couldn't help but smile shyly as you carried them back to your dormitory.

As you walk through the corridors you think about last night, about how difficult it was to get to sleep. Your mind constantly replaying everything over and over. His kisses, his touch, the closeness. The sweet way he spoke to you that you'd never heard him use before.

You had somehow found the bravery to confess to Tom how you felt, as had he and you were now boyfriend and girlfriend. The two words felt so strange to say, even in just your mind. You'd never been on a proper date but you were now in a relationship. 

Day one. Or was this day two?...You think to yourself as you walk back to your dorm. So many girls stare at the flowers in your hands and you try to keep your eyes set straight ahead, avoiding their gossipy voices and small-eyed stares.

As you walk you think that perhaps those times in the library, all the time you had spent alone, perhaps they were classed as dates. You weren't sure. Most other people went to Hogsmeade or down to the lake or away for the day if they were old enough. There were plenty of little hamlets and small towns not far from Hogwarts that you could visit. 

There was a reserve not far away for magical creatures that students liked to visit on day trips. Seventh years were allowed to apparate with permission to Edinburgh for the day if they'd passed their apparation tests.

I wonder what dates we'll go on... you think.

Dates were a very public thing though so you weren't sure how you would do them yet as you wanted to keep this quiet for awhile. The one thing you were very sure of was the idea you'd both had to keep it quiet and secret between you two whilst it was new. 

It wasn't just about the judgement from others. You wanted him to yourself in private as much as possible without people's interference. You could already tell that Tom liked to keep his private life, incredibly private.

Unlike Draco who was always banging on about being a Malfoy and bragging about his wealth and status in life, you wouldn't know Tom came from money if you didn't look for the signs. 

You'd seen him in his suits at formal events like birthdays over the years. They were designer, well-cut, understated. He didn't wear the flashier, designer label branded clothing that had the logos everywhere, the way some of the other rich students did during their free time but you could tell his clothes were expensive. He was technically a Malfoy too. The whole family dressed well with great taste. An old money family that could trace their history right back to Salazar Slytherin himself.

Toms' reasons for keeping it quiet too, you were sure was for the same reasons as yours. To just feel out the start of a new relationship without the pressure or interference of others. Neither of you had said it out loud but it was obvious whose reaction you were both quite worried about.

Mattheo's.

How would he react to his best girl friend and brother being together? And if others (and his own behaviour sometimes) were to be believed, the girl he had a crush on with his brother? You didn't want to think about it. As much as Tom came across like he couldn't stand his little brother at times, he was also fiercely protective of him. 

Watching over him and trying to keep him on a good path and actually get his education despite Mattheo's best efforts to muck it all up by playing truant, getting into fights and getting detentions all the time.

You were worried he wouldn't take it well especially as you weren't speaking to each other. He had shot daggers at you during breakfast when he'd seen the flowers, knowing they weren't from him.