Chapter 9

The light ball responded: "Okay."

Although I don't know what this soul is going to do, it is easy for it to record everything.

Ji Shicheng once wondered why Qin Mian didn't hire a nanny if his cooking skills were so poor. Once he learned what had happened to the dog, everything became clear to him.

It was Qin Zheng who forced Qin Mian to "rebellion and alienation" and made Qin Mian afraid to contact the outside world.

Such a protagonist is really more of a villain than a villain.

Ji Shicheng hugged Qin Mian's neck with his two front legs and buried his head on Qin Mian's shoulder.

He couldn't help but wonder, was there a possibility that when he first came to this world, when he and Qin Mian first met, when Qin Mian was so cruel to him, was she trying to scare him away?

A man and a cat hug each other on a deserted street.

After confirming that Ji Shicheng was okay, Qin Mian carried him back and picked up another slipper in the elevator.

After all this tossing, everyone and the cat were tired.

Qin Mian didn't bother with the dishes in the kitchen. He hugged Ji Shicheng and got into bed.

Perhaps it was so thrilling just now that Ji Shicheng, who was lying on the bed, was not sleepy at all.

Beside him, Qin Mian had closed her eyes and was breathing evenly.

Ji Shicheng wondered again, does Qin Mian really have insomnia?

Ji Shicheng didn't know what he was thinking, but he stepped on Qin Mian's nose with his paw.

The next second, Qin Mian opened her eyes.

Qin Mian lowered his head and looked at Ji Shicheng in his arms. His eyes were calm and clear, not at all sleepy.

Ji Shicheng's heart sank, it turned out that he was pretending to sleep.

Qin Mian asked, "Can't you sleep?"

Ji Shicheng raised his chin to indicate that this was the case.

Qin Mian scratched his hair and sat up, his expression a little helpless.

He asked: "Do you want me to read you a bedtime story, little princess?"

Ji Shicheng: "..."

Forget it, little princess, a bedtime story is fine.

Ji Shi got out of bed one step ahead of Qin Mian. He stood at the door of the bedroom waiting for Qin Mian. He wanted to listen to the books in Qin Mian's reading room.

As if he knew what Ji Shicheng was thinking, Qin Mian put on his slippers, opened the door, and led Ji Shicheng to the study.

"Choose which one you like," Qin Mian said while yawning.

Ji Shicheng looked up at the top of the bookshelf. It wasn't that he was embarrassing Qin Mian, he just wanted to know how to get the top book down.

Qin Mian stopped mid-yawn. He muttered with dissatisfaction, then turned around and pressed the switch on the wall.

The sound of the pulley turning was heard. The top bookshelf first protruded, and then began to move downward slowly, and the other bookshelf followed suit.

Ji Shicheng frowned, and it turned out that he had made a lifting bookshelf.

Ji Shicheng picked a book that interested him, and Qin Mian carried the book back to the bedroom. He snuggled into the quilt and waited for Qin Mian to read him a bedtime story.