Part 15

-y/n's POV-

Flying was getting to be a routine at this point, I'd grown accustomed to it over the fast few days and was beginning to enjoy it more and more. The wind in my face, passing all the birds, and Grian's heat radiating on my back- wait... what? I did not just think that. It was currently just before noon, which meant if I was keeping track correctly, that we would end up at pearls pretty soon. 

"Look! Pearl's house is right there, beside that forest." Grian said, pointing towards the building that I hadn't noticed until now.

"Does your friend know that we're coming? I don't want to impose unannounced company!" I asked after. 

A small silence followed, until he finally replied, "I guess I didn't let her know! That wasn't a problem at Scott's though so I'm sure it'll be alright. 

"Alright, but if she's upset it's your fault!" I said with a teasing tone. He let out a small chuckle in response and we finally started to descend. The landing was once again, gentler than normal. Thank goodness for that, he's probably worried about my knee. We landed pretty close to the house, so there wasn't a long walk like last time. Coming up to the house, I realized that all of the free range animals around Pearl's place were floating, now that would be weird on it's own, but they were upside down as well! 

"Grian! The animals are all upside down!" I exclaimed, pointing to them in a mix of confusion and excitement at the strange phenomenon. 

Grian laughed and shot me a mischievous look before saying, "Pearl's a little bit of a mad magician. Whenever she gets in a particularly crazy mood we call her 5am Pearl" 

I looked in astonishment at the animals and back at Grian. "She must've been in a real silly mood to have done this!" I said, gesturing towards the wrong side up animals." We just kept walking till we got to the door. Grian knocked twice. No answer. He knocked again. Still no answer. I looked up to him and he had a confused look on his face. 

"She must not be home?" He said, moving his hand towards the doorknob. I grabbed his hand swiftly but gently. 

"We can't just go in uninvited!" I exclaimed. 

"Well we can't stay out here forever! I'm sure she'll be fine with it, she's probably just gone to town." He responded. Right after, I realized that my hand was still holding onto his just above the doorknob. I pulled the hand away swiftly and felt my face grow hot. Grian didn't seem to notice and just opened the door, walking into the house.

-Grian's POV-

Walking into Pearl's house, a shiver went down my spine, not only because it was cold but because this house always had somewhat of an eery feel. The house was full of magical trinkets, I mean, the woman was... nevermind, so it made sense but the most unsettling thing was her crystal ball. She had a room dedicated to the artifact and it always had an alluring pull. One day I had asked Pearl about it and she had quickly changed the subject, trying to convince me to let her see my fortune. I however, refused, as the magical ball always seemed to make her more... strange, than usual. The inside of the dwelling was also insanely dark, y/n tripped on a table leg that was hidden in the darkness. My reflexes kicked in and I grabbed her waist before she could fall. She turned around to face me and both of our red faces ended up about an inch away from each other.

"Thanks" She said shyly, before looking away and I let go of her with an even warmer face than before. 

We both walked towards the door covered in strings of beads, we couldn't distinguish much else because of the dark. I fumbled around by the doorframe trying to feel for a light switch. Finally I found one and flicked it up. Slowly all the lights shot on, nearly blinding the both of us.