Part 11

-Grian's POV-

Waking up, I immediately felt good about today. The sun was shining, the bed was comfortable, I felt well rested, and y/n was still sleeping calmly beside me. Last night I was worried about concerning her with the hunter situation but it ended up being alright, she was supportive and agreed that we would go as soon as her knee felt better. The sleeping girl was particularly angelic today, glowing in the rays of the morning sun. I could stay there and watch her sleep forever, and I was planning on it, until Scott tiptoed into the room and dragged me out of bed.

"What was that for?" I exclaimed, quite pissed off that I was dragged from my comfy bed.

"If I hadn't come and gotten you, you would be oggling at her forever! The girl needs rest, and you and I have things to do." He replied, already heading down the stairs.

"Alright well what kind of things are on the list?" I asked.

"Well I need to go to the market, I'm scared of going alone, Katherine usually goes with me but she's out of town today. We also have to change the hay in the horse pen." Scott explained.

"We'll be back before y/n wakes up right?"

"Wow what a worry wart, she'll be fine for a few hours, I left Lizzie there to help her out if she needs to get around." Scott said.

"Alright let's head to the market now then." I said while grabbing a brown, heavy cloak from a hook by the door and slung it over my shoulders and wings before heading out the door with Scott in front of me.

-y/n's POV-

I woke up alone in my bed, frowning I wondered why Grian had left. Wait, did I sleep through him getting kidnapped?! I sat up and looked around franticly, I had no way to get down the stairs and check. I had no choice but to hope that he's alright. After a few minutes of sitting there getting progressively more worried, the door slowly opened. A pink haired woman wearing a navy blue dress with knee high socks and flats walked through the door.

"Oh! You're up! I brought some cereal, I wasn't able to cook in Scott's kitchen, he keeps it systematically organized and I just can't seem to figure it out. But... Oh my! I'm rambling, here!" She said, and then handed me a bowl and a spoon before sitting on the edge of my bed. I had no idea who this woman is, she seemed nice though.

"Well it seems I've forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Lizzie, Scott's friend. He left me here to take care of you while him and Grian went to the market." She spoke, while i started eating my breakfast.

"Oh good Grian's alright, I got worried when he wasn't here this morning! And I'm y/n." I said, relieved that he hadn't been found and introducing myself as well.

"Oh don't worry! Scott's putting him to work, just like the old times! Are the two of you close?" I blushed pink at the question, I guess so, maybe this girl's someone I could tell about my little crush situation. It's been killing me to keep it to myself and some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I settled on just a simple nod, face still flushed.

"Your face is kind of a tell tale y/n," Lizzie smirked.

"That obvious huh? I kind of like him, he's really sweet and caring and makes me feels really safe. It feels fast but this trip so far feels like the equivalent of a month of becoming friends." I explained. I can't believe I'm speaking about this with someone I met a few minutes ago, but she's so sweet and I've been dying to talk to someone.