chapter :- 10

Brian's head throbbed as he woke up to the piercing sunlight filtering through the expansive glass window. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and contemplating in silence, feeling an emptiness within.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, and in walked Marco, grinning in casual attire. "May I come in, sir, if your sleep is over?" he asked. Brian, visibly irritated, questioned Marco's presence at this early hour.

"It's already late afternoon, and you weren't replying to calls. That's why I'm here," Marco explained with a smile. Brian, still annoyed, dismissed him, stating, "Now I'm alive; you may leave."

Undeterred, Marco invited Brian to join a mountain climbing trip initiated by their friend Sophie. Brian flatly refused, and Marco left with evident frustration, leaving Brian to return to his interrupted sleep.

As Brian drifted back into slumber, he was startled awake by a mysterious presence. Before him stood an old man with grey eyes, his tousled grey hair falling effortlessly. Dressed in a black tuxedo, the man's expression was stoic, yet his gaze held concern.

"Dad, what happened?" Brian inquired, the worry evident in his voice.

The old man spoke softly, "Brian, you need to take care of yourself. You shouldn't be sleeping in your bed all day. Find happiness, maybe get a girl."

Brian, still groggy, tried to comprehend his father's unexpected visit.

Dad: "Son, life is meant to be lived."

He  nodded his a head knowing what he's exactly saying...

Mr alejandro said "I understand, son. But you have to fight through it. Surround yourself with people who care about you, like Marco and Sophie."

Brian: "I just want to be alone."

Dad: "Being alone won't solve anything. You're young, Embrace life, make memories."

Brian said sarcastically "I have a lot of memories " and i am done with them

Mr Alejandro was visibly hurt "Go out with friends, explore new places, try new things. Happiness comes when you least expect it."

Brian: "It's not that simple."

Dad: "Life is never simple, Brian. But you have the power to shape your own journey. Take control."

Brian: "I'll think about it." Without looking in his direction

Mr alejandro put his hand on his shoulder and said...

"Promise me you'll try. And remember, you deserve to be happy."

Brian nodded, absorbing his father's advice. The room seemed to lighten, and the weight on Brian's shoulders lifted, if only slightly. The old man, his father, placed a reassuring hand on Brian's shoulder before fading away.

Alone once again, Brian contemplated his father's words. The challenge of finding happiness and purpose seemed daunting, yet a glimmer of hope sparked within him. As he considered the mountains Sophie had mentioned
..