Millie

It have been a long time since we have had a proper night out. All we have been doing recently is getting wasted but it is going to change from today onwards. I am going to change. The remaining year will be different it has to be.

I am currently in the kitchen to grab some snacks. I have never done grocery shopping in my life and neither does my Dad have time to that but our staffs are the best or I should say my mom trained them well.

"What are you doing?" a tough voice called me. It was my Dad, is he really talking with me?

"Since when do you care?" I let out. I know that he is trying to show, affection but why now?
Yes I said it.

"I...I just..." He was hesitating to complete his sentence.

"Oh you were just making sure that is your almost raped daughter okay?"

Yes I said it out loud.

"Millie don't say that." Dad tried to keep his voice low in front of me. He have never yelled at me in my entire life. But I could see how angry he was with me right now.

"Why dad are you embarrassed of me now? Will you ask me to stay at home  forever? Or even worse are you going to disown me?"

I raised my voice.

"Do you even remember after how long you have taken my name out from your mouth?"

I could see my dad getting more angrier but I am not going to stop,not today.

"Let me remind you, you haven't even dared to look me in the eye since mom died so taking my name out from your mouth is a very far thing to discuss about or shall I say debate." Debating was all we did recently.

I am trying to make him even more angrier so he talks with me and not about yesterday but about the silence he had for the past two years.

"Speak dad. Did I had to go through that just so I could get your attention? And if that's it then I would have done that to myself ages ago."I yelled.

Hearing my loud voice Shaily and Tyler rushed downstairs.That was it. He had reached the last stage of his anger but he didn't react as I expected him to instead he grabbed the flower pot beside him and threw it on the floor. The glass shattered everywhere in the living room.

"What the fuck! Are you out of your mind Sam?" Tyler yelled at dad.

"Just keep taking your damn meds and if you feel anything off about your health, inform Violet." He spoke in an angry voice and left the living room. Does he still care about me? Is my dad still alive or is it just the Doctor inside him showing concern towards me.

"Millie are you okay?" Shaily rushed towards me.

"Everyone stay where you are." Tyler ordered.

"Steve can you please clean this up." Tyler asked one of our staffs who rushed in the living room after hearing the shatter of glasses.

"Millie and Shell don't you dare move from your places. Let me bring something for your foots." Tyler went to bring our footwear so that the glass doesn't hurt our feets.

We went back to my room while Tyler grabbed the snacks. Everyone's mood was off because of what happened in the living room.

"Hey let's not ruin or moods because of my old and grumpy dad." I let out.

"Millie!" Shaily's eyes went wide when I joked about my dad. According to her no matter how bad or annoying my father behave. I am not allowed to speak ill about him.

Tyler came and hugged me out of nowhere. "Mills are you okay?" Tyler voice was soft and low. "Ofcourse I am." I replied to Tyler and I wasn't lying. Dad must have not said anything in words but atleast he gave me a reaction.