17. No Pressure

First of all, formal apology for taking forever. I know first hand how much waiting for updates sucks. I've written a few chapters and I should be done with the story soon. I'll upload a few tonight and then more this week. Thank you to everyone that has voted and those few comments I saw!!!! And for those who have even taken the time to read my story! I was re reading it the other day to get the flow going before I continued writing and omg the writing can use some help hahaha (I'll edit it after I finish the entire story). Anyways enjoyyyyy :))))))

***********************************************

"No," I groan, pushing the hands at my face away. A voice pushes through the fogginess clouding my mind as I'm stirred awake. "Go away."

"Shiloh." The voice is louder, a hand caresses my cheek before ripping the sheets off my body and I almost begin to cry.

"Shiloh, wake up we need to go!" The urgency in the voice finally has my eyes squinting open, the light coming from the lamps in the room almost have me closing them again but not before I catch a glimpse of Zias's worried face.

"What's wrong?" I wake with a jolt, my head pounding from being woken so suddenly mid heavy sleep.

"Vaughn called, they decoded most of the emails." Zias grabs his phone from the nightstand and hands it over to me. I sit up and begin to read. "The emails are between Gianno and Pete Kallington."

My brows furrow. "Pete Kallington?"

"He's the head of National Security."

"What?" I'm fully awake now. "What does the head of National Security have to do with Gianno?"

"The emails have been going back and forth for years now, they started with the Ravens last boss, Gianno's cousin David. All this time he's been the Ravens info man, it's how they grew so fast and how Gianno made a name for himself so quickly. Pete has been giving him secret information, giving them the upper hand in exchange for money, he's a mole. Vaughn wants Gianno in custody by tonight."

The clock on the nightstand reads 11:34 p.m. I had been asleep for only about an hour. "Why tonight?"

"The National Security has already been informed, they've given Vaughn direct orders to capture Gianno and Pete at around the same time to prevent either men from sending out warnings to each other. They're sending more agents our way as we speak. The National Security moves quickly, Vaughn brought us some time but we need to hurry."

I shoot out of bed, rushing to the bathroom to clean myself from the dry cum I'm sure is still on my body. Except when I look down, I see it's already been cleaned. "Have you been awake this whole time? Why didn't you wake me?"

Zias grabs my dress from earlier and hands it to me. "I tried but you're one heavy sleeper. You kept pushing me away," he says with a light chuckle. "Put that back on, we need to go back and see Gianno again."

"You sure he's going to want to see us?"

He shoves his button down shirt into his pants, not bothering with his tie and belt which remain on the bedroom floor. He takes his phone and shows it to me before calling an unsaved number and putting it on speaker.

After a few rings the call is finally answered. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Kal?" I whisper low enough for only Zias to hear.

He nods before taking a seat on the edge of the bed and putting on his shoes. "Kal, listen, I'm sorry. I know us leaving like that was wrong but Samara was hurt, she doesn't like being mistreated and I had to look after her. I'm sure you can understand?"