Chapter 41 - Guild and Its Bureaucracy

[Chapter Size: 2585 Words.]
Lucius POV
Babel Tower, Guild.

...

...

Passing through the gates, people had already received the news of what happened in Rivira by the looks they gave us as we entered their fields of vision in the Guild halls...
It could also be said that seeing three gods leaving with a bunch of dungeon adventurers was not something very common...
"What a drag..." I grumbled, looking around.
"Hey, Riekling. You're going to answer any questions they ask us!" I ordered casually.
"HEEEEE!!" He protested, which made many in our group laugh loudly at that.
"I wonder how you manage to communicate with him..." Hestia couldn't help but wonder, looking at the Goblin...
"Riekling and I have a connection; we're partners, and partners understand each other," I simply said to avoid explaining the magical bond between a summoner and his summon. That's too much of a hassle. Fortunately, she accepted my explanation, looking at me as if I were an idiot, and we continued walking without speaking much.

Entering the guild hall, people and staff noticed us as soon as we walked in.
"BELL-KUN!" The voice of a half-elf broke the silence as people noticed us.
"You're okay! By the gods, I'm so happy!" Said a genuinely happy Eina to Bell for being well and safe at the moment.
Seeing her going to Bell, I ignored it and went straight to my mentor.
"Yo, how's it going, Rose?" I said with a friendly smile.
"Hello Lucius, you made quite a commotion down there, didn't you?" She said expressionlessly, and when she did that, it meant she was in a bad mood with me.
"Huh? How do you know?" I asked curiously, even though I already figured out why.
"Well..." She began sarcastically.
"The adventurers who have been arriving in the last few days are talking about two variants of the Monster Rex Goliath appearing on the Rivira floor. But the strangest thing was hearing that a blond-haired man with a star on his forehead, belonging to the Hestia family, simply decided to change the floor's structure, breaking some of the ceiling crystals and embedding them in the floor, making a permanent change to the place..." Then she looked at me seriously.
"Do you know the paperwork I have to fill out because of this, since this adventurer has been with me for over 2 years, Mr. Lucius?" She said without expression on her face, making me feel bad about it.
"That's complicated... Can I help with anything?" I said awkwardly while scratching my head.
She looked at me for a while and sighed.
"No need, anyway, I'm glad you're alive. They told me you attracted one of the Black Goliaths and fought alone with them. You were clever in breaking those crystals since it's a monster classified as level 5 and hasn't been seen in centuries. Doing that at level 1 was quite risky, Lucius..." She scolded me in the end, but I cut her off.
"Level 2, Miss Rose," I interrupted.
"Huh?" She asked without understanding.
"I am now at level 2," I repeated, showing a proud smile.

"How? I saw your statistics at Rank I a month ago..." She asked, genuinely surprised and stunned. Unlike Hestia, she didn't keep up with my growth. Seeing how I changed in a month after 2 years as a level one adventurer must have shocked her.

But I just shrugged, leaving the stunned red fox-woman as I returned to the group of my friends, friends if we exclude Hermes, of course.

"It's him, isn't it?" I heard some voices in the hall as I was returning to our group.

"Yes, I heard he looks like that," said another voice.

"Are you saying he's the one who fought a variant Monster Rex alone and broke the crystals on the eighteenth floor with a fire shower, as I heard yesterday at the bar?"

"I heard his magic energy is inexhaustible; can you believe he cast 1000 spells, some adventurers were talking about it!"

"That's absurd; they're surely making all of this up!"