"Fake. She's fake and we are leaving Annette." Elijah said.

"If I was fake then why do you keep coming back to me." She smiled. "Our families have always been connected, Carson. Your grandma Lily and my mother knew each other. I don't believe it is a coincidence that we always bump into each other when you are in danger."

"You are stalking me." Elijah said.

"I am not Elijah." She smiled. "Send my regards to your family." She said. "And you Annette, always follow your heart. You can never go wrong with that so when you feel like something is off then do what you believe is right."

"Thank you. Thank you so much for being a creepy woman who ruins my day all the time." Elijah said. "Let's go Annette."

"Only two survivors Annette." She shouted as we left her.

I got in the passenger seat and Elijah started driving. I believe in God and not in fortune-tellers but last time her prediction came true and now I am scared. I don't want to ruin things by knowing what will happen in the future but what the hell did she mean by only two survivors and I should follow my heart?

We arrived home and Elijah took the children inside ignoring me. I followed him feeling bad and confused.

"Please order pizza for us. I will make porridge for the kids." Elijah said so I nodded my head.

I quickly ordered the pizza and switched the TV on. If Elijah spoke to me first it means he isn't mad at me.

"What are you thinking about?" Elijah asked with a bowl of porridge. "Come on Red and Ryk. Daddy is going to feed you." Elijah said. "Come to Daddy." They both walked to Eli so he picked them up.

"Let me help." I took Ryker from him.

We started feeding the kids and the doorbell rang so I put Ryker on the couch and took my wallet before running to open the door.

"Thank you." I took the pizza from the delivery man and tipped him.

I closed the door and went back to Elijah and the kids. I put the pizza on the table and went to the kitchen to get plates.

"Don't forget the children's milk." Elijah shouted so I got the milk too for the kids.

I put the plates on the table as well as the bottles. After we were done eating Elijah and I put the kids to bed.

"Why do you hate fortune-tellers?" I asked the second we left the kid's room.

"They tell you something and because you think there is some truth in it you start getting paranoid and then you end up doing everything 'they predicted'." He said. "I don't want to be a victim."

"Okay, love." I hugged him.

"It's fine." Elijah smiled. "Since we are alone." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Why don't show your best friend who is also your boyfriend how much you love him."

"And who is that? Mr Brown?" I joked and he smiled. 

"I am talking about Elijah Carson." He said as we started kissing. This is the moment I dreamed about when I was a kid. I always wanted Elijah's unconditional love and I got that. 

Our children completed the dream I always had. I can't put into words how much I am happy that I finally got my happy ending. I yearned for that but today, today I finally got to have a beginning of a life filled with happiness and joy. With my ride-or-die by my side along with our beautiful twins, there's no one and nothing that can separate us. 

--- -- -- --

Mr Brown's POV.

"No." I refused to change my mind.

"You can't back out now. Come on, please." He begged me but I just shook my head refusing to change my mind. I wanted to hurt the Carsons, I wanted revenge. I wanted to avenge my sister's death but I chose not to because we would be stuck in a loop. If I kill the Carsons there will be someone who will come after me to avenge their death. There will always be someone after someone else for revenge and I want to put an end to that so there's no way I can carry out this plan.

The plan that I started with Kathleen who is no more.

"I got you into this mess and I promise to get you out of this as well as paying you for the damages I caused." I told him.

"No. No. No!" He snapped. "You fucking promised me Annette! You promised me Elijah would be out of the picture and that's what I want!"

"Put him back in his cell." I told my employees who were standing around us but all of a sudden, he took a gun out. "Woah! Where did you get that?"

"I knew you were delaying everything because you wanted out but I can't let you ruin this for me." He said. "Elijah has always wanted everything for himself. He is selfish, a spoilt brat, a womanizer, and most importantly a murderer. I will never let him get away with all of that. I will carry on the plan li---." One of my employees tried taking the gun from him but he shot her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I shouted. "You can't just shoot him." I said and he started shooting everyone. "Enough!"

"They know too much." He smirk. "Even you." He said. "But I will spare you so you can watch how I destroy the Carsons. Today marks the beginning of a new chapter for all of us. A bright new one for me and a dark one for Elijah."

"You don't have to do this. I know I ruined things for you. I know I promised you E--."

"Shut up!" He shouted. "Shut the fuck up Colton." He said. "The day I agreed to be part of everything, what did I say?"

"Death is the only way out for you." I said and he nodded his head.

"Shoot me if you want but never expect me to forget the life I deserve." He gave me the gun and then started walking out of the place without looking back.

After he left, I walked into my lab, defeated. All my life, I prayed for their destruction. I wanted the Carsons dead. They ruined my life. They took my sister away from me. I wanted Benjamin and Sofia Carson to suffer the way I suffered but then I met Annette. I hated her too because she is related to the Carsons and she loves and cares about them.

I remember the first day she walked into my office. I was happy, I was overjoyed to see a prey enter the predator's mouth unknowingly but then everything changed after I saw the type of girl she was. She is a good person, she's not as bad as them. She cares about strangers and puts them above herself. She's a lot like me and she reminded me of when I was a kid.

I took a page and a pen out. I know this was started by us but I can't stand in front of his way when he respects me a lot. I can't hurt him but I can try and stop him.

I started writing Annette a letter. The second I was done, I put it in an envelope. I walked out of my office with the envelope in my hand. I started dialing my secretary's number and she answered my call. 

"Meet me at the airport. We have to leave." I told her before hanging up.

This is the end of this chapter in my life and as my sister Carlene used to say, 'Colton If you ever feel like life is dragging you down. Start a new one, one where you are in charge, and remember I am always with you.'

This is the start of something new for all of us but only God knows if it's a new beginning or a bad one. I lost this fight, but I will win the new one. 

As I held my head high and carried Carlene's words in my heart. I entered the airport ready to start my life afresh, somewhere in the unfamiliar world. Carlene might be dead but it feels like she's the one guiding me, walking next to me as she takes my hand and leads me to where my jet was. 

***END OF MY TEMPTING MISTAKE***

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*

There isn't an official date yet for when book 2 will be out but hopefully soon :) . Anyway, details of that will be on the book's first page as well as the prologue. 

See you there!