She tried to get up but moving her neck made her yelp.

"Leave!" The person wearing something dark only turned to her for a second, motioning her to run off.

Without having seen who it was, she pushed through the pain and got to her feet, rushing out the door. The moment she reached the end of the unpopulated street, she fell to her knees, gasping for air.

Another bark emerged, now louder, and it was followed by a: "Stop, doggy, you'll wake up the neighborhood!"

The familiar voice made her head turn in hope.

"Jun-" he tried calling out for him but her neck throbbed, not allowing her to squeeze out anything hearable. She clapped her hands instead, desperate to grab his attention.

The moment Junkyu's eyes landed on her, panic washed over him. "D-Danbi?" He left the barking dog behind, immediately reaching the fallen girl and offering her some support.

His voice merely reached her ear as her head started to spin, conquered by the pulsating pain. The little strength she used to keep herself standing all gave up at once, and Junkyu immediately reacted as she felt her leaning into him.

With sweaty and shaking hands, he directed her arm around him, leaning forward to be able to pull her up on his back.

"Please be okay, Bi." He pleaded, adrenaline fueling him enough to carry her away from there.

Ayeong stretched with a groan as faint noises grasped her from her deep sleep. She didn't mind them initially, but a loud thump made her jump out of bed.

She thought she might be dreaming when she saw Junkyu over Danbi, on her bed.

"J-Junkyu? What are you-"

Junkyu finally managed to get the girl's arms from around his neck, revealing his dismayed expression. Danbi woke up from the light slumber she had drifted into, awakened by the pain. Her hands immediately went to her neck, recalling what had resulted in that.

"What happened to her??" Ayeong rushed to Danbi's bed, watching the girl with widened eyes.

"I- I don't know," Junkyu wiped the sweat off his forehead, still catching his breath. "I heard a noise and saw her going out. I followed her until somewhere and- and lost her, and then she appeared like this."

Ayeong blinked, her mouth agape. "She's hurt." She observed under her breath, sitting down to pull Danbi's hands away.

Seeing the outline of a bite, the two gasped.

"No way..." Junkyu covered his mouth, the sight making him loose balance.

"Should we wake up the others?" Ayeong suggested, but a hand grasped onto her wrist.

Danbi propped her arms on the bed, forcing herself to sit higher. "Don't. I-" she grimaced as her neck flexed, "I don't want them to know."

"Bi, what happened? Who bit you? And why did you go out? Why-"

Danbi reached out but didn't reach Junkyu's mouth to hush him. "Asahi..." she mumbled, "I thought it was Jaehyuk, but-"

Ayeong's face paled. "My brother?"

Danbi lifted herself just enough to get her phone from her pocket, unlocking it, and handing it to them. It was opened on the chat with him.

"This..." Ayeong couldn't mutter anything. "I can't believe you didn't tell me, even if it would've been Jaehyuk." She scolded Danbi, but she quieted down after realizing it wasn't the right time.