1.7

DARYL HAD VACATED HER ROOM BY THE TIME SHE WENT IN TO COLLECT THE EMPTY PLATE THE NEXT MORNING.

She went to bring him breakfast, just a bit of eggs and toast, only to find empty sheets. Birdy stripped her bed that had spots of dirt and blood splattered around before going to find the hunter.

"Birdy!" Beth stopped her on the porch, "Rick's gonna teach us how ta shoot. You wanna come with?"

She raised her eyebrows, "Your dad gonna let us?" 

Guns and protection were a sensitive subject in that household since the world went to shit.

Beth nodded, "Yeah, he wants us to learn."

"Alrigh', sure." Birdy sighed, "Lemme get this to Daryl real quick."

It was kinda hard to find Daryl, considering there were a dozen tents laying around the tree outside the house. But she eventually found him laying in some green tent, poking holes through the mesh with one of his arrows.

Birdy stood outside the open door and cleared her throat, trying to get his attention. He fiddled with the arrow, his eyes moving towards her form, "Wha' do ya want?"

She crouched down, "Brought ya some breakfast."

Daryl moved to sit up, but she stopped him once she was the wince on his face, "Don't." She moved inside the tent and helped him get comfortable again, "Don't wanna tear the stitches." Birdy commented before handing him the plate.

She stared at him for a few moments as he began to scarf down his food. Daryl paused, meeting her gaze, "Wha'?"

"Shouldn't've left the bed so quickly. No one was gonna force ya out." Birdy commented,

"Not gonna stay where 'm not wanted." He grumbled.

Birdy raised an eyebrow, "After all you've done for your group and that girl, I'd say you're allowed a few days of rest in an actual bed."

Someone called out her name and she through the window of the tent to see Beth and Patricia waiting on her. She gave them a nod and moved towards the door, "I'll come back for the plate later."

Daryl grunted and watched her go before continuing his meal.

Birdy hopped into the back of Otis' truck, while Jimmy drove and Patricia and Beth sat up front. They drove a few miles away from the farm, into a random field of a neighbouring property. Rick and Shane had everyone set up a bunch of cans and bottles on the top of a wooden fence, before teaching everyone how to load and safely handle a gun.