(2)

Tuesday1:36 pm

Tuesday
1:36 pm

    I stand on the sideline, adjusting the light

I stand on the sideline, adjusting the light. I turn it down a little bit since the background is white, I didn't want them to be too bright. My client is having a lingerie shoot, so I wanted the lighting to have a seductive feel. That's the vibe she was going for. "Okay how are we feeling", I clap my hands, seeing the nervous expression on her face.

"You think this is too much?", she frowns, sulking in the dark red lingerie piece that did her justice in my opinion. She was an older woman, in her mid-thirties. I could tell this type of photoshoot is being done in hopes of boosting her confidence. I'll try my best to make her as comfortable as possible. "Nope, relax. You got your friends here, we'll get your playlist going too. Have fun", I encourage, watching a smile form on her face.

"Okay"

"Perk up, you look good", I complimented. The smile got even wider. "Ready?"

"Yes", her friends cheer from the back and start to blast the music. I get in my zone, directing the poses and letting her put the props to use. The energy was nice and as the shoots proceeds I could visibly see her becoming more comfortable. The more comfortable, the better the pictures turn out.

   When the shoot was over, I clasped my hands together in success. "Here are some rough shots", I show her and she smiles widely. One of the reasons I love my job is seeing the happiness radiating from the customers. "These look amazing, any estimate of when they'll be sent to me?"

  "I should have them to you by Monday, they'll be emailed in a folder", I inform her. She stands there for a moment causing me to give her a polite smile. She still stands there, making me give her a side-eye. "Need anything else?"

   She stands on her tippy toes, with her hands behind her back. Her body sways side to side as if she was nervous about something. I peek behind her, seeing her friends pretending as if they weren't listening while they gathered their make up sets and stuff. "I was wondering are you seeing anyone", she ponders the thought, avoiding eye contact with me.

   "Yea, I uh actually have a g-girlfriend", I lie so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. I wasn't interested beyond in general to be honest.

   The client raises an eyebrow at me, "Really Dijon?"

   "Really", I wrap up my camera equipment and put them in their respective bags. "So you were flirting with me in a whole relationship?", her smile falling into a frown.

  I take a step back, "You can give someone a compliment without flirting. All I said was that you look good but if that gave you mixed signals than i apologize"

   I don't even know what I'm apologizing for but she's still a customer at the end of the day. I didn't need to be on any blog pages or her making videos about me bad mouthing my name for no apparent reason. "So did you really think I looked good or-", her friend comes behind her and yank her hand. She gives me a apologetic smile and I silently thank God for someone having common sense. "It's starting to look desperate", her friend whispers when they thought they were out of ear shot. "That man just told you he was in a relationship and you're still looking for validation, sit the fuck down"

I awkwardly gather my stuff and head out the door. The photoshoot took place at an air bnb that they booked so I was just traveling to take pictures for them. I offered some other venues but they were set on booking their own so I left it alone.

I put my belongings in the backseat before hopping behind the wheel. I back out the driveway, seeing Liam's contact name come across my dashboard. I press the answer button. "Wassup my nigga!", he comes in hype and I shake my head.

"Why are you calling me?", I laugh and he smacks his teeth.

"The fuck got you in a mood?"

I lean against the sit, hitting my hand against the wheel. "Damn", I look at the traffic in front of the traffic light which kills me considering that it's green at the moment. I couldn't see much around it due to this big ass truck in front of me. "I'm tired, this broad had me shoot for her. That took about three hours", I rant feeling my stomach growl. I haven't eaten since earlier this morning.

"So i'm guessing that's a no to you coming with Dante and I to the club", he asks.

"Yes my nigga", I shake my head. "But anyway, you never told me about you and ole girl. You feeling her?"

   "Mane I don't know, it's still too early to tell. The vibes was cool but if you and her friend weren't there, we would've fucked", he spoke so nonchalantly and I cover my mouth to keep from laughing. "I ain't even trynna be cocky or no shit like that but she definitely was on the timing"

"You so damn picky. You find a problem with anything", I chuckle and he instantly goes to defend himself.

"No no, listen to this shit. When I first hit her up about linking, I was willing to go to a restaurant, even a lounge or something on some cool shit. She legit said 'no we don't gotta do all that's and blamed it on the fact that it was last minute. So i'm thinking oh she must be on that kind of timing cause she suggested my crib and then she brought up bringing a friend", he rants.

I raise an eyebrow, not really seeing the point either. "In the messages talking about don't be all up on me and then touching me in every place possible." Liam continues, laughing to himself. "She is fine though", he proceeds shortly after.

"This is exactly why I don't be stunting yo ass. Moral of the story you not taking shawty serious", the traffic finally starts to move so I press my foot down on the pedal again, moving smoothly on the road. "How was your lil date? Shit, I look around and y'all asses puffing outside", he laughs.

   "The vibes were cool. We smoked and talked for a lil bit", I left it at that. The conversation between us flowed well for it to be our first time meeting. I'm not much of a talker but she was so quiet in the beginning I just wanted to break the ice. I should've asked for her number but it didn't dawn on me until after she left. Then again, maybe it's for the best. "Mhmm that's what's up. Well imma leave you alone now. I gotta find something to eat"

   "Alright", I hung up, and the music automatically comes back on. I wasn't able to sit long before I pull into my apartment complex.

   Once I park, I get my stuff out the back and go to the second floor. On the way, my phone vibrates but I couldn't maintain a free hand to answer it. I unlock my door, sitting my equipment in the closet. I slide out my shoes, feeling some relief as I flex my feet. I strip out my shirt and shit on the sofa for a minute to decompress.

  Fishing for the phone out my pocket, I see miss calls from Sierra. I debated calling back, my eyebrow rose. Going against my better judgement, I press on her contact. "Hello?"

  "You still mad at me?", her voice automatically in a seductive tone.

  I chuckle, "Nah I was never mad just didn't care enough to argue with you". It ain't like she was my girl.

    "Let me come over please, I miss you"

  I smirk to myself, having it my way as usual. "Wasn't you just talking about blocking me and shit. Knew yo' ass was just talking", I lean against the cushion in contentment.