(1)

Monday5:35 pm

Monday
5:35 pm

     I exit out of the google docs tab, clicking on the other one

I exit out of the google docs tab, clicking on the other one. I attach the file to the assignment, turning it in. More relief comes as I close that tab too. "Whoo!", I celebrate by throwing my hands in the air. The celebration gain's the attention of my best friend, Aria who is lying on the other end of the sofa. "You finished?", she sits up with the cover still wrapped around her.

"Yes, you want a drink? I need one", I walk in the kitchen of our shared apartment. "You pouring up that margarita? I got one in the freezer", Aria hops up and join me. She goes to the cabinet and takes out two glasses. They're two fancy martini glasses with our names on it. I go in the freezer taking out the strawberry mango flavor margarita bottle and open it. She sits the cups in front of me and pour some inside.

We hold our glasses up, cheers to each other. I take mines to the head and sit it back on the table. "Damn girl", she mumbles and checks a notification on her phone.

I point my index finger at her with a pout, "Don't judge me, it's been a long day"

I've been under a lot of stress working this new internship and classes. The semester has basically just started and the pressure is sinking in. I'm struggling to balance it all but eventually it'll fall into place. "No judgement here but do you have plans tonight?", she tilts her head and pours another round for herself. Awaiting an answer her weight shifts to her left leg.

"Does it look like I have plans", I gesture to myself. I'm standing in a onesie that has butterflies fluttering in every direction and a bonnet. I wiggle my toes in my bear shaped slippers. "What are you trynna drag me to tonight?"

Aria smirks and sits on the counter, "This guy hit me up on Instagram like two weeks ago. He wants to link and I don't want our first meeting to be by myself". She stares at me with pleading eyes.

"So where are we going?"

As much as a good nap would sound great to me, I wouldn't feel right if she left by herself. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd want her to do the same for me. "I don't know, I'm texting him right now", she jumps back up and comes over to bombard me with a hug. I wrap my arms around her as we walk to my room. "So what should I wear", I ask as I go to my closet.