Chapter 10

Yoongi

This was not how he planned for his night to unfold. He once again stood on the doorstep of the Kim family, the only acknowledgement of his presence is Taehyung's distrustful icy glare. Yoongi wasn't surprised to be met with such a cold look. It was clear Taehyung held an agenda after what happened tonight. He wanted to eliminate competition and earn a chance to pursue something with you.

Remembering the way Taehyung held you in his arms and the adoring expression on his face, was enough to confirm his intentions. What bothered Yoongi more was the fact it didn't seem one sided. You two never spoke about being exclusive. But the idea alone of Taehyung being anything more to you, sent his thoughts into a jealous spiral.

You had become his peace. In this chaotic world, you were like air. Your kindness, your patience and acceptance of others, were all an escape from this cruel life. Even hearing your laugh each day leveled the balance of his moral scale. At least what was left of it. No, there wasn't anything exclusive about you too. But Yoongi made a mental note to change that, soon.

"Well, back again?" Taehyung chimed from the doorway of his family's home. "If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to spoil me."

"So, it wasn't enough you sent your little lap dog to try and off me?"

"YAH!" Hoseok yelled, Taehyung reaches a hand out holding him back when he tries to approach Yoongi.

"Yah?," Jungkook scoffs. "You send some goons and now think we're supposed to be scared of you? What a fuckin joke."

"Shut it," Said Yoongi without turning his gaze away from Taehyung. "Do you really want to do this Tae? Is your pride worth a fuckin war?"

"Did you consider my pride when you fucked my woman?"

This wasn't about you anymore. Se-Ri was gone but Yoongi was still alive as a constant reminder of betrayal. But what could he do? In the past Taehyung has always refused his apologies. Instead their history was a novel of petty rumors and rivals. Tension existing with every interaction. One daring the other, inflicting pain, and sharing smartass lines.
They were brothers now turnt enemies. A future of peace between them, let alone a civil conversation seemed impossible now.

"Dial it down Tae," Jin's voice sounded as he appeared behind Taehyung and Hoseok. "I think we could all use a drink. Guessing you got some spare time, seeing how you keep' showing up at my house."

The change in his tone carried the warning. This was to be the last time. Like Yoongi, he also preferred discretion. It was a rule for him to know the name of every individual in the room. Few knew where he lived. Barely anyone knew his name. He was a rumor, a tale of mystery, notorious among criminals. Yoongi learned everything from him. But like his brother Taehyung, he was an enemy now. Which meant Yoongi had absolutely no issue challenging his words. "No thanks, I like my soju without poison."

"Relax, this isn't a set up," Jin smirks. "But believe me, you will need one. We should talk old friend." He then turns, disappearing into the house along with Taehyung and Hoseok.

Yoongi and Jungkook share skeptical looks. "Hyung, please tell me we got a plan if this goes wrong?"

Yoongi flashes a lopsided grin, "Now what fun would that be?"

The low glow of amber lights guide them into a huge living room. Traditional decor fills the space with antique furniture, sectional sofas and wooden floors. The only hint of modern in this room was the 50" inch TV, placed just above a burning fireplace.  The large screen was suddenly turned on, a news broadcast starts to play.

Reporter, "It is not for certain at this time as to what caused this incident, however police are now questioning if this was accident or a case of arson? A number of witnesses state a group of suspicious individuals were seen moving shipments of unmarked crates, just hours prior to the when the fire started-"