USJ AFTERMATH: 4: SECRETS NEW AND OLD

V1 leaned against the wall beside the door to the staff meeting room of UA, ready to meet its new co-workers (especially the "really loud cockatoo" Eraserhead mentioned). Recalling the events of the past two days, the machine found that it was in a strange, yet beneficial situation. Some being spit the machine into this new world, which seems to be a modernized Japan before the Final War, with powers ingrained in human genetics. After defeating a villain (it was still odd to call criminals villains) it was offered a job at UA by the principal, one of the few documented cases of an animal with a quirk, and soon the machine will meet the rest of UA staff.

"Now, I'm sure you are wondering how we will be increasing security in UA."

V1 pushed itself off the wall and stood in front of the door, readjusting the skirt of the school uniform Nezu made it wear (V1 is grateful it got the option to wear the skirt, as wearing the pants of the boy's uniforms would have restricted leg movement).

"I have been looking for a chief of security for quite a while now, and I believe I have chosen one of the best for this job."

Pushing down on the door's handle, the machine entered the staff room in full view of all the teachers.

"Greetings. I am V1, and I will be the new chief of security for UA moving forward. I believe I met some of you at the USJ? Regardless I am happy to work with, and to get to know, all of you."

Nezu couldn't contain his shit-eating grin. The look of his co-workers seeing one of the intruders at the USJ as the new hire was priceless. Though Nezu was slightly worried for President Mic and All Might, the later coughing a fit of blood and the former's jaw literally slamming into the floor.

"V1 will be patrolling the main campus grounds during school hours, and will also act as a teaching assistant for class 1-A during heroics class since we believe they will be targeted by villains in the future. Any questions?"

Vlad King was the first raise their hand, shooting it into the sky so fast it almost broke into the ceiling.

"Nezu, why the hell do you keep picking up random people to work here!? First All Might, and now one of the intruders from the USJ?!"

"I can assure you that I am not a random bum picked off the street, but what is said in this room must stay here, understand?"

Yagi was still stunned by the blue villain (were they even a villain? The corpse would indicate so) that is now on staff at UA. He wouldn't be the type to judge who works here though, given his non-existent teaching experience and not one, but two state secrets. Though their name was odd, he just assumed it was a hero name, like Thirteen sitting two seats from him, uncomfortably leaning forward to prevent their scared back from hitting more than it already did.

"V1, I can assure you that we all can keep a secret. We understand the need as heroes."

Not a complete lie. Yagi does understand the need for secrets, as the 8th holder of One for All, but to say he doesn't trust V1 would be an understatement. Whatever came out of V1's mouth should not be trusted immediately.

"Alright. I am not human, I am a robot designed to use fresh blood as a fuel source during from mass-warfare during the Final War, and descended down the layers of Hell before ending up here. I do not know why, or how I got here, but working at UA is the best option I have to survive and not draw attention to myself at this moment."

What the fuck!? This turned what was a killer headache into a migraine! As most of the teachers stared at the machine, trying to see if it is lying or not, one was brave enough to ask a question.

"How do you possibly expect us to believe that?! That's the stupidest excuse I have ever he-"

Powerloader didn't have a chance to finish talking, as a pound crash rang out from the school, in the direction of the support classrooms. V1 didn't hesitate at all, simply giving an "I'm on it" before dashing towards the source of the noise, the teachers following after it.