18. Capacity

"What do you mean I cant keep her?"

"Ms Davina-"

"What do you mean they need her back!" Davina whined. "I have created a real bond with her and we are already the best of friends."

"Ms. Davina-"

"And Killer likes her just fine. Plays with her scales when she sheds" davina went on. Severus put a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"Davina, she is not yours to keep."

"She likes me better." Davina corrected.

"Professor Gladworth has been looking for his snake."

"Dont make me go back there." She hissed out. "I hate it! Im always kept in a damn cage."

"One moment!" Davina ran off. "Aemond! Severus is trying to steal my  snake."

"You havent given her back yet?" Aemond countered. "I thought you were borrowing her?"

"I want to keep her I changed my mind."

" don't make me go back he keeps me in the cage I like to be free!" Aemond sighed.

"Professor snape would it be possible to say that the snake vanished? Slithered away? I know for a fact that our little scaled friend hates being stuck in a cage and would really like to be free." Aemond requested

" a free roaming snake is prohibited. Also, snakes are not allowed as pets at Hogwarts." severus corrected.

" I see where you're coming from but-"

If she could hide the snake and get her safe, then she'll never have to go back into a cage again so they're very skilled plan was distraction  

" be gentle with my snake." Davina demanded.

" she will be super Duper, gentle, I promise." Vaera agreed

" this bitch better not eat me." the snake grumbled.

" you know what you're right she was Never mine to keep I'm so very sorry." Davina agreed.

"Thats very big of you." Severus agreed.

" can I return her personally?"

" you won't blame me if I come with you... for reassurance?" Sevuers offered.

" of course not even though you really should trust me I'm the best student here." so they walked to Professor Gladworths classroom. The little snake seem to shiver in her grasp as she waited for fate. Aemond moved to the window to alert Hootie, vaeras owl of the room they were in.

" hello Professor I'm so very sorry I stole your snake. She was just so beautiful and she needed a friend. She doesn't like to be kept in the cage. you do understand don't you, don't be mad." Davina declared

" well, I'm glad to have her back. Let's put her in her cage where she belongs."

Davina took sluggish steps towards the cage, waiting for hottie the owl to make her appearance.

" here we go... going in..." davina stared back at the window. Severus cocked his head curiously. " I just need another moment to say goodbye we bonded quite a lot." Professor gladworth gave a nod impatiently

"Oh seraphina you're beautiful and exquisite creature-"

Just then an owl cam soaring in through the window and snatched up the snake and flew away just as fast.

"Heavens!"

"Well thats a shame. We should really fed our owls more if they are so eager to snatch up snakes." Davina decided with a shrug "well see ya!"

"Ms Davina and MR Aemond." Severus chased after them.

"Yes professor? Real shame. I tried." Davina assured. "You saw me trying," davina added.

"You are sneaky Davina." Severus corrected a smirk curved her lips.

"You arent mad?" Davina questioned.

"No. I dont think I have the capacity to be mad at you."