Chapter 02 - System

[Chapter Size: 3293 Words.]
Third Person POV
In the same alley located in the Orario slums, the young man in his early twenties was staring intently ahead. If anyone could see him now, they might think he had a malfunctioning head and call him crazy because this man was gazing intensely into nothing in front of him. However, from his perspective, it was an entirely different story.

Lucius was looking at an illuminated screen in front of him and began to read with enthusiasm.

-----------------------

[Infinite Mana System]
[Notifications(1)]
[Missions(1)]
[Spell Shop]
[Status]

-----------------------

He started studying the screen. First, he clicked on notifications, and another screen opened on top of the initial one, like a computer program.

[Bonus for System Opening: 10,000 Points Added to the Spell Shop!]

"Great, points!" Lucius exclaimed happily as he saw the screen showing the number of added points, even though he didn't yet know if this amount was good or bad.

Closing the screen, he went to the next option.

He clicked on [Missions(1)] to see what task was available to him.

[Mission 10,000 Firebolt: Cast 10,000 Firebolts! | Chant: "Firebolt!" | {Progress 0/10000 (0%)} | {Reward: User Can Cast Spell Without Chant.}]

He was surprised to see the Firebolt spell appear since he didn't know which spell came with the grimoire. This meant that he learned the exact same spell Bell was supposed to learn. It was quite strange because grimoires give users different spells depending on the person reading it. Learning the exact same spell as Bell was surprising.

"Anyway, it's very useful. I remember that Bell cleaned the early floors with this spell after learning it, he only stopped because he went into Mind Zero state, which I don't need to worry about," Lucius mumbled with a lot of expectation.

Now, turning his thoughts back to the mission screen.

"It may seem like a huge number of Firebolts, but the reward is very useful. Casting without shouting 'Firebolt' like Bell did in the anime is much, much better and faster. This is a mission I have to complete!"

Since it is very useful, casting infinitely without the time-consuming Firebolt chant would give him the power to overcome even a level 2 or maybe even a level 3 adventurer, if the opponent is within his range and not fast enough to dodge the endless fireballs, even if Lucius is still level 1.

"Hehe," he laughed happily.

Closing the mission screen and moving to the next, he now clicked on [Spell Shop].

A huge list appeared before him, of spells Lucius could purchase.

His eyes widened at what he was seeing.

[Author's note: The list is extensive, if you want to skip ahead, scroll down, as most of the spells are currently useless, given that he has hardly any points to spend.]

------------------------

[Spell Shop]

[Points: 10,000]

-----Rank List-----

•RANK 1 (No Chant Required)

[...]

[Fire Spell/Flames/Rank 1: 3,000]

[Ice Spell/Frostbite/Rank 1: 3,000]

[Lightning Spell/Sparks/Rank 1: 3,000]