To say Agastya was furious would be an understatement of the year. But he didn't want to be furious. He practiced and aced the art of suppressing his emotions for a very long time but Harika always managed to breach past his defenses with so much ease. The fact that she behaved almost similar to his Akshat made her more endearing to him. If not for her chirpy behavior and hyper attitude, he would have definitely forgotten what it is to smile. In a way, he owed 50% of his peace to her.

He was trying to reign his temper very hard when he heard her speak again - Ab next semester ye sab phirse padna hai bhaiyya!!! Phirse likhna hai ye stupid exams. Tab tho bahut kam log honge.. Mai cheating bhi nahi kar sakti tab. Yaar bhaiyya...

That was it for Agastya. The last thread of patience he was holding onto, broke away. When he spoke, his voice was dangerously sharp, cutting through the glass - CHUP!! That is enough!

Harika flinched and looked at him confused - Aap abhi bhi gussa ho? Maine sorry bol tho diya Bhaiyya!

Agastya - Mai gussa kyu hu Harika?

Harika mumbled - Mai bhagi.. Isliye

Agastya countered - Sirf Isliye?

Harika - Aur bhi kuch kiya maine?

Agastya - Exam se pehle kya bolke bheja tha maine? Can you remind me that?

Harika looked down, realisation seeping into her. Her voice barely audible as she mumbled - You asked me to not opt for unfair means and be honest.

Agastya spoke with a stern edge to his voice - Look at me!!

Harika looked up flinching. Agastya - Now Loud and Clear.

She hated his tone but she didn't felt the need to rebel this time - You asked me to not opt for unfair means and be honest.

Agastya nodded - Did you be honest?

Harika shook her head. Agastya - Kyu kiya tune cheating? Kya zarurat thi?

Harika was hating every bit of this conversation. She would have stayed silent like she did with her parents and let the steam run out, so that they gave up and walked away. She exactly knew what worked on everyone. But with Agastya, she knew she couldn't do that. She spoke before she could anger him more. He was not shouting, but his voice was cold, which is something she didn't even imagine he had it in him!

Harika - Mujhe fail nahi hona tha bhaiyya!

Agastya questioned again - Kyu fail nahi hona hai tumhe?

Harika looked at him as if he had grown two horns - Fail hona kisko pasand hai? No one wants to be a failure!

Agastya - For someone who hates to fail, You don't work for it, Do you?

Agastya's taunt and sarcasm caught Harika off gaurd. She blinked unable to give any response. The man was pulling up for her stunt and also confusing her with his new behavior!

Agastya - Bolo kuch Harika. Fail hona kisi ko bhi pasand nahi hoti hai. I get it. But people work hard not to fail. They don't take the easiest and unacceptable ways to achieve it! Did you for once, stop and think why I asked you not to cheat or for that matter, did you even try to think why everyone is so mad at you right now?

His voice was harsh and unforgiving. Harika almost wanted to fake a regret just to get out of this lecture but she didn't have it in her to not be honest with him. He was always on her side. He never for once lost his patience, even when she tried her best to push his threshold. Now that he is scolding her, reprimanding her, she couldn't help but wonder if she did that big of a crime.

Agastya couldn't see realization in Harika's eyes but the girl started thinking. Good. Now that is a progress. He just have to guide her! And he is ready to do it for her. Anything, to bring her on the right track.

Agastya - Speak up Harika!!

Harika looked up at him and shook her head - I never thought about it bhaiyya.

She spoke honestly. That was relief for Agastya. He wanted her to be honest. Agastya gentled his voice - Did you ever think why they say education is important?

Harika shook her head. Agastya - Ghar pe koi force bhi nahi hai na, padai karne ke liye. Tho kyu pad rahi ho ab? Especially when you hate studying and books?

Harika spoke her thought out. She was being her self. Innocent and naive. Harika - Sab karte hai na bhaiyya?

Agastya sighed. He didn't know how she is going to live like that in this big bad world. Being naive and innocent are often categorized as fools. The girl in front of her is a very happy go lucky girl. All she knows is to live her life to the fullest. Her day starts with pestering her mother for her favourite food and ends with cuddling to her sister. All she knows is to smile and keep everyone on their toes. He gently took hold of her hands - Bacha. That is not how this works. Sab karte hai isliye tum bhi karogi? Apni koi goal, personality, dreams bhi tho hote hai na Harika? Hai koi aisa kuch?

Harika shook her head - Vo sab hona chahiye kya bhaiyya?

Agastya smiled at her question and shook his head - Hona zaruri nahi hai bacha. Being like that might be the ideal way to live but not the necessary way to live. But you can't let someone else dictate your personality Bacha. Sab log padte hai, isliye mai bhi padta hu. Sab log jee rahe hai, isliye mai bhi zinda hu. Ismein unsab hai bacha.. Tum kaha ho?? Aisa kuch bhi hai tumhari zindagi mein, jo tum apna keh sakti ho??

Harika tried thinking but she couldn't come up with anything. And that disheartened her to no extent. In her 19 years of life, she couldn't come up with one thing that she did out of her own interest! She studied because it had to be done. She behaved certain way because that is what is expected from her. She just couldn't come up with anything!! Tears rushed into her eyes.

Agastya's heart went out for her. He pulled her into his embrace - This is your life, Harika. We all love you and have some expectations from you but at the end of the day, its your life, bacha. Samajh mein aaraha hai mai kya keh raha hu?

Harika pulled back and nodded. She understood she should work on herself.

Agastya nodded - Good!! But don't take too much stress. I am reiterating again, Having goals and ambitions might be the ideal way to live but no the necessary way. All I ask is, don't let someone else dictate your actions. Socho. Aaram se socho!! Koi pressure nahi hai. Lekin un sab se pehle...

Agastya - Go to your parents. Apologize to them. They are hurt with your actions and rightfully so. Make up for the hurt you dished out. Phir hum baat karte hai!! Ok?

Harika nodded. What he said is right! She hurt them. That should be enough for her to apologize. What she have done might be something which is normalized by this society but her parents would never approve of it. For that and that alone, she shouldn't have done it!!!

Harika got up to go and apologize but turned back - Mai unse maafi maanglungi toh aa bhi maaf kardoge mujhe?

Agastya raised his eyebrows - Tumhe kya lagta hai Harika?

Harika huffed and stomped her foot - Aap khadoos bante jaa rahe ho bhaiyya!!! Aap tho sweet the na!!

Agastya ignored her antics - Tum meri baat maanke honest rehti.. Tho fail hone ke bawajoood mai sweet hi rehta! Anyways, we will talk later. Now get on to work!!

Harika huffed but gave a salute - Yes Boss!!!

Agastya got up and she ran out!!

SHOWER SOME LOVE!!
SATHVIKA!!