6. I'm Surely Overthinking A Lot

I absentmindedly ran my fingers through my hair as I stared into the distance. Memories of Aisha flooded my mind - our laughter echoing through the hallways of our school, stolen glances exchanged during class, and the bittersweet farewell when life took us on different paths. Now, fate had brought us together at the grand celebration in Jaipur!

"Lost in thought again, bro?" Yash chuckled, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yeah, you could say that. Aisha's going to be at the wedding, and I have no idea how to talk to her after all these years" I signed.

"Ah, the one that got away. I knew this day would come. So, are you going to sweep her off her feet or just stand there like a statue?" Yash grinned knowingly, why can't my brother be serious for once in his life? Why does he always have to act so dumb? And that too he thinks that I'm just going to be like a statue in front of Aisha? Really? Maybe he's too immature to understand what I feel!

"Very funny, Yash! This is serious, okay? I haven't seen her in ages, and now I have to figure out how to act like a normal human being in front of her" I rolled my eyes, how can someone ask me to be a normal man in front of her? Thinking about Aisha fills me with hope, but also worry about how things might go!

The days seemed to drag on as I couldn't stop thinking about the upcoming meeting. I'm truly caught between wanting to see her again and being unsure about how she would react.

"Relax, Bhai! Just be yourself. You two had something special back then, and who knows, maybe the spark is still there. Just go with the flow" Yash called on my back, but what? Did he really say that we had little sparks between us? Did we? And if so, how does he know that? Did Aisha tell him about her feelings?

Why am I overthinking too much, I don't know! It's just too complicated right now! Even my heart is too unsure at this moment!

"Yash, did you really think that we had those little sparks between us? Because I really don't think so that Aisha knows about how I feel for her!" I asked Yash, hoping for an answer that could satisfy my hunger, that could help me not overthink.

"Bhai, I don't really know that but whenever I used to see Aisha and you together, maybe I could just sense some sought of connection between you both and I'll still say that I'm not so sure about you guys, and I don't know how Aisha feels for you now but back then, she genuinely liked you, didn't you know that?" he replied, as if he knows all about her! But really, Aisha did like me back then? Why am I so unknown to the fact that she liked me?? I was such a fool back then and no doubt that I'm still a dumb!

"Yash! I don't know, okay? How would she feel when she'll find out that I'm also at the wedding, and I'm sure that she would really think of me as such a dumbo not to talk to her, if I let myself be away from her" I am actually very confused!

"Bhai, just chill! You'll do good, okay? Just don't forget to be a man in front of her" he giggled again and waved me a goodbye but right now my mind is too busy to think about his silly giggles!

Tomorrow is the day when I finally get to see my beautiful Aisha after a wait of 8 years and whatever is going to happen, will happen for a good reason! With this hope bored in my heart, I closed my eyes as it was already midnight and my flight to Jaipur was at 8 in the morning! But I know that I cannot get a perfect sleep until my eyes gets to see her!

ANOTHER UPDATEEEE!!! 🩷

How do I skip out on Krish and his brother's chat when I've spilled the tea on Aisha and her sister?

Heyyy pretty readersss!! So, Krish and Aisha both are tooo unknown to their hearts at this moment!!!

Do share your views on the same, and please don't forget to voteeee, your vote really brings a smile on my face!!

Keep reading with smiless>>>

Love: 🫶🩷