"What did you do this weekend?" she changes the subject.

"Just reading, sleeping, too much sleeping."

"You didn't think of me much," she rubs her necklace.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry. I was preoccupied."

"Emm..."

I look down at my food.

"So, you had something to tell me?"

"Oh uh... yeah, but first let me get something," I quickly get up and escape to the vending machines.

How am I going to tell her about the guy from the vision now? She's mad at me, that will just put her in a worse mood. I bang my head against the vending machines.

She comes up behind me and wraps her arms around me. I yelp in surprise.

"I know you're stalling," she giggles.

"Yes, I mean I know, I just don't want to tell you when you're mad," I say.

"I'm not mad," she walks closer to me.

"Promise?"

"I'll prove it." She steps even closer.

My breath gets caught in my throat as she shoves me back into the vending machine and starts peppering kissing up my neck. My heart skips several beats. I can't help but let a small moan escape my lips.

"I missed you," she says as she pulls back to meet my eye.

I let out a shaky breath.

She giggles.

"I missed you too," I blush.

"I'm not mad, maybe just a little pent up."

"Oh," I say.

"You didn't call me," she kisses my neck. "You didn't text me," she kisses my cheek. "And you didn't pick me up," She pecks my lips. "I need a whole weekend dose of my cute girlfriend Emery now or I will start to get a little cranky."

"I'm sorry, I just had a lot going on this weekend."

"Like what?" she meets my eyes.

"Just... stuff."

She sighs and pulls back.

"But, as soon as we eat, we can go to my room and you can have as much Emery as you want," I grab her hands in mine.

"Then stop stalling and let's go eat," she tugs me back to the table.

We sit back down and I quickly start stuffing my face to avoid talking. She shakes her head and moves closer to me.

"So what are we eating?" Dariyah plops down in front of us.

Vega glares at her.

I keep eating.

"What?"

"This is supposed to be a Me and Emery thing, not me, Emery, and Dariyah thing," Vega says in annoyance.

"Lame," Dariyah pops her chip bag open.

Vega sighs again.

"Afternoon," Gunner joins us.

"Hey, you read chapter 3 yet?" Dariyah asks him with her mouth full.

"In Andy's class?"

"Yeah."

"No, you?"

"No, I was hoping I could copy you."

"Sorry, no luck," he shrugs.