Chapter 7

Obviously, damage repair is in order. Even though I'm still not sure what the heck just happened. Does Dariyah like as more than a friend? Since when? Last I heard she tolerated me, just barely.

After a shower to collect myself, and breakfast to stall. I came up with a plan. I know she won't just let me in if I try and go see her. Because she's Dariyah, and Dariyah's always have to make everything difficult.

So I grab a plastic bag and walk over to my freezer and eye the foot.

"Ew ew ew ew ew," I grab it and put it in the bag before tying the bag.

Now I actually have an excuse to go and see her.

I teleport to in front of her dorm and take a deep breath before knocking.

No one answers.

I knock louder.

Still no answer.

Maybe she's not here?

I knock again.

Finally, she opens the door, she has her headphones around her neck and they are blaring music. She also looks freshly showered and fed. We lock eyes before she moves to close to door again.

"Wait! I uh, I got your foot," I hold up the bag.

"Emery, I don't want to talk about it," She grabs the bag from me.

"Please, let me make this right. I messed up. I'm sorry," I plead.

"You can't make this right... it happened. Okay?"

"No, not okay, what happened was not okay. We have to talk about this."

"I can't," she says softly.

"Dariyah, I'm not going to leave this alone. And I think you'd prefer we work through all this before Vega comes back and sees that something is up between us."

She sighs and lets me in.

I shut the door softly behind me.

I can see her in the middle of a blood art piece on her bed.

Gross.

Focus!

"So... do you like me? As more than a friend?" I ask her.

"I don't know," she mumbles as she sets the foot down on her dresser.

"Well, I think you're a swell gal and all but—"

"Spare me the rejection speech, I get it, you're in love with Vega. Or some random guy from your visions."

I sigh.

She doesn't look at me and instead fiddles with something on the dresser.

"Dariyah we need to talk about this," I push.

"You make me... when I'm around you..." she sighs unable to finish her thought.

I move closer to her.

"Usually when someone rejects me I get pretty beat up about it. Don't talk to people for weeks, take my anger out on anyone who looks at me funny. But not this time," She says.

"What do you mean?"

"You made it easy to forget about all the shit in my life. You always take my side and stick up for me even when I've been so fucking mean to you. And you're just... whatever, you know? Like I see you and Vega together and I just... I want that. I want that kind of loving relationship. I want someone to hold me, and I want to hold someone. I want to shower them with gifts and treat them to dinners or whatever. I want to show someone I'm more than just this brutish girl with spike gloves and dark eyeliner."