Chapter 17 Killers pov

Killers pov.
Killer watches Cytherea reading quietly on the deck of their ship. He was still amazed after everything she went through that she was still the same. Even as a 10 year old she always had her nose in a book or drawing something. The girl never went far without either in her hand. Only time he ever saw her without one was when she was performing. Their grandfather hired Kid and him to work as stage hands after they got caught sneaking backstage. Killer loved watching her swing through the air. He always thought she looked like she could fly. He also loved watching Cyth when she was with her sister. The two of them looked just alike, besides their hair but were very different personalities. Cyth was loud and outgoing, always everyone teasing over something. Cynthia would tease too but it would be quiet and quick. Cynthia would also watch and observe people, Cynthia and Killer were a lot alike in that way. Most people wouldn't even be sure she was joking when she made her quiet remarks. The only person they both would tease relentlessly was Kid. The red head would never admit it but he enjoyed their attention. He was very careful with them. For Kid that means a lot, he would joke and yell at them. Yet compared to others Killer watched him stab someone's eyes out for bumping into him. The little red head in his own way loved the sisters. They would come and visit their trash on an island in the South Blue. The Cirque Sunset was truly like stepping into another world. In those striped fabric walls the performances made all their problems fall away for those minutes. Every Spring Killer and Kid would run to the docks to greet the girls. The four of them would spend every moment they could playing and exploring together. It was the few moments of his childhood he enjoyed looking back on. After the twins' grandfather passed, the circus soon decided to continue the show. The girl's mother, Dione, invited the two boys to join them. Killer and Kid decided to make it on their own and declined the offer. The girls were waving and smiling, sailing away, but the promise to return in a year. The seasons changed quickly, Killer turned 17 and was ready to see the girls again. Killer and Kid never saw Cytherea or Cynthia again. There were rumors that the circus was attacked and all were killed, or worse taken.

Nine years passed and Killer and Kid were already set to the sea. The two were just as harsh as they were raised. Their bounty rose quickly due to their blood lust. The pirates made it to Sabaody standing in a slave auction. Due to Kids interest in checking out the other new generation. They were standing in the back when he saw the long white hair flowing past them. The woman was small and meak, letting herself get yanked around by the celestial dragon. She made the memories of another white hair girl resurface. He truly hoped it wasn't Cytherea, if it was, the horrors she went through. It would have been better if she died. He tried to ignore the girl and almost forgot about her till the Straw Hat Luffy crashed through the doors. When he tried to punch the celestial dragon, the white hair girl was stopped mid-air by the Pirate Hunter Zoro. Their speed was almost too fast to follow. They cross the blade for a second then Zoro sends the girl flying, knocking her out. If Killer hadn't been around other crews he would have checked on the girl. When she woke up and begged the celestial dragon to let them go. Just as strong as another girl Killer remembered from long ago. When she runs past them, then turns to shout "MY NAME IS CYTHEREA BY THE WAY!"

Killer could no longer deny this girl was his first love. He was lost for a few minutes trying to understand that she was alive. When Wire bumps his shoulder he knew he had to move. He walked out the doors expecting to greet her and take her along with them. When he walks out she is being held by a giant man named Jean Bart. He used to hold her like that. Her face looked peaceful and happy. This broke something in him, he needed to cut something! Luckily his captain was already fighting the marines. He went fast and hard at anyone who got in front of him. His captain had to call him to follow him to stop his attack. As they ran he kept to himself finally thinking about what he saw. After calming down he thinks to himself it was probably good she found someone else to take care of her. Killer was in his own world when they ran into the war lord. Switching his focus on to the new threat. After struggling to take down Kuma the Heart Pirates come from behind. Killer instantly sees that Cytherea is riding on that bastard's shoulders. He decided to just focus on the fight. After Heat gives the war lord a power fire attack. He makes a remark about being toasty. Then he hears her laugh. It was just as light and carefree as the day he last saw her. She was laughing at his jokes. He turns and watches her. She looks at the giant and nods, an unspoken conversation happening. She gets in a running position one's Law uses his devil fruit to bring the giant and Cyth in front of the war lord. Jean Bart stops the war lord with his hands and Cytherea runs up his back and jumps for the throat. She is able to stay on the war lord and is staring at the cut. She looks up and jumps high just as Kid crashes a giant hand on to the war lord. Killer focuses on Cytherea. Her jump was high but uncontrolled, she was going to crash. Killer jumps high, jumping from branches to get to her. She is too light. Was the first time he thought of holding her again in nine years. Cytherea had always been strong; her muscles made all of her weight. The girl in his arms did not weigh enough to be healthy. She looks at him for the first time in his eyes. He was used to his mask, but now he wishes it was off so she could see all of him. His captain set off a loud explosion, he protected her as he always did. The girl in his arm now was shaking and breathing too hard. He could tell she was on the verge of panic. He lands on a high branch way above any harm. He kept watching the fight till he noticed her eyes on him. Killer knew if he didn't get back to the fight now he would take Cytherea and run away together. So he takes a deep breath and mutters out "I am glad you are alive." And returns to the chaos below.