Chapters 1 Lost

Cytherea walks beside her master Saint Charlos, a celestial dragon, through an island that she thinks is called Sabaody. She never really paid attention to island names. It used to drive her Jiji crazy, she smiles slightly at the thought of her grandfather. The ground beneath her sandals feet is soft, almost bouncy. She heard the guard say it was something to do with trees. As much as she would love to explore this island she is trapped going this agonizing slow pace that the slave Saint Charlos is riding. She would almost feel bad for the man if she had the compassion left. Unfortunately all she could really do is follow one step at a time. She could feel master Saint Charlos getting annoyed at the state of things. The almost seven foot pear shaped man believed his blood was too pure to breath the same air as everyone. He would never walk somewhere on his own. Still Cytherea knew it was her job as his favorite toy to keep him happy. She takes a slightly larger step to catch up to him. She gives him a flirty smile and he looks at her for a moment then he smacks her to the ground. She can hear the two slave girls chained in the back gasps and the locals that they passed freeze with fear as they keep their heads bowed and down. Cytherea is not really affected by the hit, it was a light one compared to the things he does with her when they were alone. It did have an effect. Saint Charlos slides off the slave, and proceeds to kick the slave he was on screaming about how he was going to be late for the auction. While this is going Cytherea lets the blood flow from her lip as she picks herself up and stands to the side scanning the crowd. She can tell all eyes are on their little parade and did not seem to be any direct threats around them now. There was some powerful people on this island but them seem to be smart enough to steer clear of the celestial dragon. Suddenly there is movement in front of them. Two people carry a body on a stretcher rush by with women holding something next to them. This catches Saint Charlos attention, he shouts at the clearly medical staff judging by how the man was injured that they were carrying. The medical staff try to explain as they need to get this man help. Saint Charlos blood rushes to his head in the process to pull out his gun and shoot the injured man. Cytherea doesn't even flinch at the shot, after so many years of being his slave this doesn't surprise her. Saint Charlos turns his sight on the young nurse of the patient he just killed at smiles. "You are pretty, I'm going to make my wife" The rat is the butler who Cytherea can't stand and reminds Saint Charlos of his many other wives. His reply was just to get rid of wives 1-5. The young nurse begins to be taken away. Cytherea can sense fear coming from a man who claims he is the nurse's fiancé and begs for her freedom. Saint Charlos onces again shoots anyone who gets in his way. At the moment her haki alerts her that there is someone powerful about to attack her master. She turns to sense a strong sword of men staring down her master, getting ready to strike. Saint Charlos redirects his aim to the swordsman and a loud *BANG* echoes through the town. A moment later the swordsman is laying on his back and a little girl is crying on top of him. Saint Charlos is confused and says "I thought I missed him." Cytherea takes her quie to walk toward the swordsman and the little girl. As she approaches she is greeted with the smell of ketchup. She leans over the two and puts her finger to his neck checking for a pulse. She takes a second knowing that this man is fine. And let her long white hair fall making a curtain around them. She whispers to them both, "just stay down." (1) Then gets up and praises her master of the perfect shot right through his heart. Saint Charlos smiles at the praise and gets back on his tired slave and the group begins to move again.

After the slow paced walk set by the man Saint Charlos was riding on. Cytherea inwardly sighs in relief sensing Jean Bart was near. It might have only been a few hours since she was last around the large, gruff man, but she always felt relieved knowing that he was okay. He is sitting outside the auction house chained wearing unwashed rags, like a dog waiting for his master. He seemed unharmed, which all one can hope for. Cytherea could feel Jean's eyes following her as their depressing party walks by. He knows from experience to keep his head toward the ground to not upset Saint Charlos. Still as they pass Cytherea feels him lift one finger up to greet her. She keeps her head forward and does the same with her hands folded behind her back. It was one of the few perks she had. She was not chained by hands or feet. She needed to be able to move freely to protect Saint Charlos. It was one of her selling points when he bought her six years ago. Even without the chains she was just a well trained lap dog to Saint Charlos. Even if there were no physical chains keeping her from her freedom. Just fear of the force of the Marines coming down on her and the explosive collar around her neck. It was enough to keep her next to him. They slowly made their way up stairs and inside. Saint Charlos finally gets off the slave that crawled with him on his back from port. Saint Charlos kicks and screams at him for making him late. Cytherea tunes the conversion out and begins scanning the audience. Like normal the crowd is silent and tense. Everyone fears the celestial dragon, and rightfully so. Cytherea has seen first hand how strong Marine Admirals are, and she never wants to see that again. Still they are a few in this crowd that do not seem completely struck by fear. There is an intense but familiar present coming behind her. Before Cytherea can focus on the source, she feels a strong pull on her hair as she is pulled in the air. A pair of lips placed next to her ear. Saint Charlos screams "you useless bitch, stop standing there spaced out and move!" (2) He throws her to the ground. The throw itself wasn't really hard, it was just easier to pretend to be hurt than to resist him. She waits for him to pass her before she stands, her face revealing nothing. She set off to follow him like the good dog that she is. As they make it to the special seats, a staff members trys to please Saint Charlos by answering his questions. Once Saint Charlos sits next to his sister and father. Cytherea kneels next to his feet, keeping her posture perfect to not draw attention. A moment after the auction begins again. The slavers pull out a pirate captain, the crowd buzzes back to life at this. Cytherea has had years to control her emotions and facial expressions. It still took so much from herself to hear so many people speak about this man as if he was not human.

After the bidding starts Cytherea knows something is wrong with the pirate. His heart rate is going too fast, and you can feel him swaying. A moment later he collapsed, blood pooling from his mouth. He bit off his own tongue, Cytherea thought. Smart man, if only she had the fortitude to do that to herself, to end this hell. The slavers drag the pirate off the stage and come up with some bullshit excuse, of the pirate having a nosebleed. Pathetic, Cytherea thinks to herself. The slavers are pushing out a tank. With her haki she can tell it's a young mermaid, even with a sheet over the tank. The poor thing was shaking in the water, her heart racing. Cytherea felt sorry for the girl. Saint Charlos begins squirming beside her with excitement. She knew Saint Charlos had been searching for a mermaid for his personal tank. He had the idea of putting one in it since he got the piranhas a few months ago. The bidding starts and before anyone else could place a bid Saint Charlos screams "500,000,000 berries!" Shockwaves spread out in the crowd. Cytherea can feel a group in the back become devastated at that. The celestial dragon discusses the mermaid some more. As the hammer hit, striking the sales of the mermaid. Cytherea and feel the mermaid start to panic in her tank. She takes a deep breath. Feeling sorry for the poor girl, she begins to think of things she can do to help when they take her back. There wasn't much, but she would think of something, maybe poison the piranhas. Cytherea can feel the familiar group of men in the back start to leave. At that moment what she could only describe as a giant fish out of water. Flying in with three men on its back comes crashing in through the doors. She turns to focus on it. Her mouth falls open in disbelief as it was real. The smaller one of the men screams the name "CAMIE!" This makes the mermaid being to thrash around in her tank. The group behind him scream at him to stop, but the one they called Luffy begins to descend the stairs. His presence was nothing but pure blinding rage. So much it unnerved her for a moment. Shaking her head she focused on Luffy as the threat he was becoming. She noticed another man behind Luffy begging for him to stop. As she zero in on the man begging she raises her eyebrows at understanding he was a Fishman. It makes sense that the Fishman would be scared of the celestial dragons. As Cytherea is focused on the men charging down the stairs, she gets shoved over by Saint Charlos. He had an evil grin on his face as he held up his gun.

Cytherea stares helpless as she watches him sneak up behind thebFishman and aims. *BANG* The poor Fishman crumbles to the ground. Luffy freezes where he stands. Cytherea watches as he moves toward his companion and checks on the Fishman. He begins to move to Saint Charlos, who is just jumping around screaming "FATHER LOOK! I SHOT A FISHMAN! I SHOT HIM SO THAT MEANS HE IS FREE! FREE OCTOPUS, FREE OCTOPUS!" Luffy continues to move towards Saint Charlos. He stops suddenly by the Fishman hand. His eyes streaming with tears, he begs Luffy "you promised... even if you saw someone shot right before your eyes... you wouldn't go against the Celestial Dragon!!! I'm a pirate, I've done bad things.... this is my punishment!!! I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen!!!" Luffy turns back to Saint Charlos with such angry scares Cytherea for a second. (3) Suddenly she knows she must protect Saint Charlos. She pulls out her knife and launches herself at Luffy, only to be stopped by another blade. She feels the same presents she felt earlier today. It was that swordsman who she pretended to be shot. He has such a terrifying present to him now, it almost make Cytherea lose her resolve. She pushes against the swords with her dagger, whispering to him "We have to stop him, no one can hurt the celestial dragon without major consequences!" Zorro simply whispers back "just stay down." Then he launched her in the air crashing into the stage. The world goes black.