HyunLix - Restart

Close your eyes.

Cover your ears.

Listen to music.

Lay under a sun.

Let the heat embrace your body.

But closing my eyes nor covering my ears will not help me if the noise are all inside my head. If I listen to music, it will just remind me of all the problems, the mistakes and my flaws that were haunting me. If I lay under the sun and let the heat embrace me, the pain is still there. It's not enough. I need more.

"Lix? You alright there mate?" it was Chan. Who happens to notice the younger zoning out.

"Uh yeah of course. I was just thinking of something" he responded and Chan was just waiting there patiently.

"I was thinking if you could come with us? We're going to hangout at the lake with the boys. Are you down yeah?" he asked but Felix was contemplating.

If he doesn't go home tonight, his dad might hit his mom for real now.

But mom doesn't want me there. She won't even budge if I'm the one getting hit. Hell she would just ignore my cries if I stayed any longer confronting dad.

"If we ever go home late, can I crash into yours for sleep though?" he asked and Chan smiled warmly at him, dragging him away from the chair he was sitting on.

"I told you already. Jisung moved in yesterday with us. My mom and dad will be happy if they knew that I'm with you all in the house. You know they're worried because I live by myself" Chan answered and Felix sighed. Can he actually move out of their house and leave his shitty life?

"If I ever moved in with you, I would never have the chance to bring my things. My parents will notice"

"Well, we can plan it tonight. Climb over your window for once and just grab anything important. If you're worried about clothes, we have Changbin. He basically owns anything"

"Will the boys be okay if I'm around?"

"They'll be happy if you're there. The house fits for all of us"

"Chan, I don't have anything with me. The only money I have is the savings my uncle gave me. That's for my tuition fee. How am I supposed to help with the bills?"

"You worry too much. There's a lot of ways to earn money and if you're worried for the first month, let us pay for it. It's not like we'll adopt you without us being ready. We'll help each other out yeah?"

"It sounds scary, Chan"

"It is, Lix. It's scary without the support of our parents, but it's already scary for you in the first place. Your parents were negligent. They're here for now because they can't get ahold of the money you have. If you don't escape now, it won't be over. I promised you that I will keep everything a secret so that the boys won't worry, but I won't let you stay there. I just can't, Lix"

"Will I ever be okay, Chan?"

"You will, if you let go of them"

"So what's the plan?"

"The boys will know everything tonight and we'll make sure you'll end it with your parents too"

-

As soon as Chan and Felix arrived at the house, everyone was alarmed and they all came out of their shared bedrooms. They waved at Felix with a bright smiles on their faces. Felix waved back and Hyunjin ran downstairs to give the smaller a hug.