Rehearsal Incident

Start from the beginning

"Na-Rae, watch out!"

The unexpected burst of heat brought an immediate surge of warmth to her lower thigh, just above her knee, making the girl scream out in pain.

Have you ever experienced so much pain that for a moment, everything blacks out? It's like the world becomes a black canvas where you're screaming so loudly, hoping someone can pull you out and make the pain disappear. That's the experience she was having now.

Abruptly, the beats of the music ceased, and the stage fell into a hushed silence. She heard people calling her name and footsteps around her, and that was the moment her soul reconnected with her body. She gasped for air, tears welling up in her eyes—a combination of the searing physical pain and the shock of the unforeseen incident.

The stage crew, now alert to the seriousness of the situation, hurriedly surrounded her. She could hear them calling for water and medical assistance. "Na-Rae, stay down," someone urged, pushing her back as she screamed in pain, attempting to see what was happening with her leg.

The boys were clustered nearby, desperately attempting to get closer, but the crew members were holding them back. Water was being poured on the burn to ease Na-Rae's suffering, but the situation looked urgent. The need for her to be taken off the stage and rushed to a hospital was evident.

"Oppa!" Na-Rae shouted, clinging to the arm of a crew member who struggled to keep her still. The boys, witnessing her distress, pleaded with the crew to let them go near her, to let them approach and comfort her.

Jin, in particular, was insistent on being by her side, he had always promised the girl to be next to her whatever may happen. "Let us at least be with her to provide some comfort, please. Can't you see how much pain she's in? If you leave her like this, she'll black out soon. I'm not leaving her like this," Jin shouted, frustrated and desperate to reach Na-Rae.

"We are just trying to help. Let us go backstage," one of the crew members insisted, angering not only Jin but also the rest of the boys.

"What's happening here? Did I hear correctly what happened? Where is Nara-shi? Who thought it was a good idea to use those fireworks today? What were you all thinking?"One of their managers stormed onto the scene, unleashing his frustration and directing it more intensely towards the pyrotechnics team.

The two heads of the pyrotechnics team bowed their bodies, owning up to their misjudgment. "Sorry, sir. We were in the process of addressing technical issues with the fireworks system during our diagnostics. As we worked on resolving the glitches, we thought it might be an opportune moment to conduct a test given the extensive pyrotechnics involved in this specific song. Unfortunately, we didn't realize Miss Lee was close to one of the devices, leading her to burn her leg."

The manager sighed, visibly distressed. He understood that it wasn't entirely the fault of the pyrotechnics team, but the situation was serious. Na-Rae, still screaming in pain as water was poured on her leg, seemed on the verge of fainting.

Feeling the weight of responsibility, the manager swiftly made a wave with his hand, nodding to signal that the heads of the pyrotechnics team could leave the stage. It wasn't entirely their fault, but he needed to handle the situation. He frantically pulled out his phone, rapidly dialing numbers, and making urgent calls to find a solution.

As he waited for someone to answer on the other end, he tilted his head back, letting out a deep groan and rubbing his face in frustration. The pressure was on, and he needed to find a way to navigate through this unexpected crisis.

"Are you serious?" Jin exclaimed, his eyes pleading with desperation. Their manager, sensing the urgency, rushed over to where the boys stood, some on the verge of tears while others were already sobbing.