53. Mehendi 💚

Days later,

Shrey's pov

" Hai tamanna hai humein tumhe dulhaan banaye, tere hathon pe mehendi apni name ki sajaye "

Even though the song wasn't playing but I was humming to the each lines while watching my girl colouring her hands in mehendi. A smile curved on my lips and that never left the place. Years ago, the place was same, the function was same, the same girl was sitting beside my sister and wearing mehendi. She hide my name in her hands that day as it was her brother's wedding and she couldn't display my name on her hand but today there was no need of being hidden anymore.

I was going to take her with me for the whole life. And I could not be luckier than this. Ever.

She was wearing an olive green Sharara with a pink dupatta. Looking mesmerizing not like always but more beautiful than ever. I wasn't able to take my eyes off and kept on smiling.

I had to listen to so many taunts just because I was shamelessly gawking at my would be wife, passing smiles to her time to time, clicking pictures of her in front of everyone. I really didn't care today. I wanted to make it memorable and she should feel the best of it. And I was just doing that.

Really nothing could feel more beautiful than the feeling of seeing your love, being your wife, your partner for the rest of the life. Nothing could feel better than this today!

I came out of my chain of thoughts and Arini waved her hands to me, telling me to sit beside her. Finally those bridesmaids left her side and it was my time. I was actually craving to sit beside her.

So without thinking much I walked to her. I was smiling widely. And just as I sat beside her, an aunty's voice came.

" Tera hi dulhan hai humein pata hai, abh itna chipko maat " ( yes yes she is your bride, don't stick on her so much now) And everyone started laughing all sudden. 🙂 par main toh subha se nhi beitha idhar....

( but I was not sitting here since the morning 🙂)

Arini chuckled looking at my face. Holding my cheek, she turned my face to her and showed me her both palms. My eyes went wider and couldn't stop myself from making a smile. She wrote my name in her hand in the middle, making it clearly visible to everyone.

" In the middle. Why? " Asked I.

" Taki main sabko dikha payu ki main Shrey dulhaniya hu " She showed me her full set of teeth. She seemed to have a proud smile.