FORTY-NINE

Yes, I have a brilliant plan, and I am going to execute it. Tomorrow is Emily's birthday party.

"Hahahahahaaaa," I laughed like a devil at my own thoughts.

The next day, I was acting normal. I prepared breakfast for us. We had it together. Then I told him that I would be going shopping with Tina.

I met Tina at the mall; we were both scanning dresses. That's when I saw a beautiful black dress. And yes, it is perfect for my plan. I gave it a smirk by looking at it.

I asked, "Tins, what do you think?"

She smiled and said, "Look like you are up to something, babes."

I nodded and let out a chuckle. She also has something that will make Martin drool.

We had our lunch and continued shopping. The next stop was a nightwear store. We both went in and got something that will make anyone go crazy. We giggled at our selection, and after some time, we headed back home.

It was still time, so I was going through my work. As usual, I got engrossed. Edward came and cleared his throat and said, "I hope you don't want to be late for your bestie's birthday party."

I looked at the time. Oh, god, she will kill me. I said, "Thank you, my hot chocolate." I gave him my sweetest smile and left.

Here is where my plan starts.

I took a bath and started dressing up. I got this black ankle-length dress with a slit starting from my mid-thigh and a halter neck that has the thinnest strap. My back was totally exposed, and my cleavage could be seen. I put on light makeup and tied my hair in a lower bun, with some strands of hair falling on both sides of my face. And finally, for the first time, I applied red lipstick. I am very satisfied with my look. I was admiring my work when Ed knocked. "I hope you are done. I am waiting for you down."

"Yup, almost." I replied, wore my golden heels, took my golden purse, and left.

There he is having water. I had my evil smile on my face, but then I scolded myself. "Anika, behave yourself; be sober."

I changed my expression and started getting down the stairs.

My heels got his attention, and when he saw me, he almost choked.

I wanted to laugh, but I controlled myself.

When I got down, I smiled at him, and he smiled back. Without any conversation, we reached the venue.

When we entered, all eyes were on us. especially on me. I saw Emily and went to her.

"Hey Em, happiest birthday, dear."

"Thanks, Anna. By the way, you look sexy."

"So do you, babes." I hugged her and went to greet my uncle, aunt, and mom.

After some time, my in-laws came, and I went to them.

"Mom, Gram's, how are you?"

"We are absolutely fine, sweetheart, and you look fabulous," then grams whispered

"But I guess your enemy is not fine."

Gram's said this, pointing towards Edward, who was drinking with Michael.

Gram's knows everything about us. I share it with her, and she always supports me.

I waved my hand and said, "Forget it; gram's got nowhere to go other than coming to me."" and I winked.

"I wish you all the best for your plan, girl."

"Thanks gram's."

"Look at you, sizzling hottie." I turned and saw Tina saying it.