Single and Sad (schlattbur)

"Come on Fundy, you're going to be late!" Wilbur shouted up the stairs, anxiously messing with his hair. Sometimes he thought he was more anxious about Fundy being late to school than Fundy was, and it was times like these that felt like it was being proven to him. "FUNDY!!" Wilbur shouted.

"I'm coming, geez!" His son's tiny voice replied as his little six-year old footsteps tapped down the stairs.

Wilbur examined his son's outfit, trying to determine if he would be warm enough. Fundy had on a puffy black coat and orange mittens that he loved because he said they reminded him of his ears. Which to be fair, was a great comparison, the mittens and his oversized fox ears did happen to be the same color.

Fundy's large, fluffy tail swished behind him, hitting against his pink backpack. "Are we leaving?"

"Sorry, just making sure you'll be warm enough," Wilbur said with a smile before heading for the front door, Fundy's little footsteps following behind him.

"Today can you meet Tubbo's dad? Tubbo asked me to come over tonight but he said his dad wanted to meet you first," Fundy said.

Wilbur looked back at his son's grin, his sharp canines poking his bottom lip innocently.

Wilbur opened the front door, stepping outside, making sure Fundy was outside as well before shutting and locking the door. "When did Tubbo ask you to come over?"

"Yesterday!" Fundy said proudly. He didn't have many friends at school. "I told you but you were too busy."

Wilbur winced. Now he vaguely remembered Fundy ranting about his new friend as Wilbur made dinner. "Right, sorry kiddo-"

"It's ok!" Fundy hopped into the car, settling himself into his car seat as Wilbur got into the front, adjusting his wings to fit comfortably in the car. "So can you meet his dad?"

"Yeah, of course. When's he usually at the school?" The car rumbled to life. Wilbur winced as he set his hands on the freezing steering wheel.

"Well he comes to pick up Tubbo an' since we're in the same class and stuff, I see him sometimes because sometimes he picks up Tubbo after you get me."

"You're rambling, bud," Wilbur reminded him, smiling at Fundy's inability to stop talking. "Alright, here's this? I'll come to get you and if Tubbo's dad is there, I'll meet him. If things go well, I'll talk to him about you going over there tonight."

"Yay!!" Fundy shouted, squirming happily in his car seat.

***

Miraculously, Wilbur managed to be ready and in the car at the right time to get his child. Oftentimes he was late because he was working or doing other things around the house, which was why he was surprised to hear that usually Tubbo's father showed up after him.

Wilbur couldn't help but feel mildly anxious as he neared the school. He had never really liked meeting or talking to other people, his social anxiety usually got to him. But this was for Fundy's sake. The kid was almost worse at making friends than Wilbur, so if he finally had the chance to go over to someone's house, Wilbur would make fucking sure he would be able to go.

Today was the rare occasion that Wilbur was able to see parents with their kids walking through the parking lot to their cars. Wilbur parked and got out of the safety of his car, anxiously fluffing his wings.

"Oh, hey Wilbur!" A slightly familiar voice said.

Wilbur looked around quickly, finding the source of the voice. "Oh, Charlie! Hi!"

Charlie was almost as anxious socially as Wilbur, though Wilbur wasn't sure why. He was funny, and nice, and had a great family that was never gossiped about. (Though Wilbur wasn't around other parents enough to know what they gossiped about.)