Rubble (All You Need Pt. 2)

The day L'manburg blew up started perfectly normally.

You woke up before Schlatt, carefully untangling yourself from his arms, getting out of bed slowly so you wouldn't stab yourself on his horns. You changed into your clothes, before pulling on your boots and grabbing the helmet Schlatt always made you wear.

"For your protection," he had said, kissing you on your nose.

You held it under your arm as you left your house and headed into the city. You were hoping to run into someone other than Schlatt, so you could possibly convince them into getting food with you. You were glad Schlatt was finally letting you out of the house unsupervised, after Tubbo had tried to blow him up.

"Hey!" You heard someone shout. You glanced behind you, smiling when you saw Quackity waving at you.

Fidgeting with the helmet in your hands, you walked over to him. "Hi, Q!" you greeted him.

"You good?" Quackity asked.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"You look more tired than usual," he commented.

You sighed. "Yeah... I'm good, don't worry about me."

Quackity glanced around before stepping up to you. "Seriously, if something's bothering you, we can go somewhere to talk about it."

You faltered, then answered, "I'll tell you if you agree to having breakfast with me?" You pulled out two loaves of bread, offering one to Q.

He shrugged and took it. "Alright, wanna go on a walk?"

You nodded and took a small bite of your bread as you two started walking.

"So, what's up?" Quackity asked.

"It's nothing crazy, I just..." you paused, "I miss Tommy and Will. I'm worried about them, what if they're starving out there? And poor Tommy's probably going crazy, with only Wilbur to talk to."

Quackity nodded slowly while picking at his bread. "Well, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about them that badly. I'm sure they're creating their own civilization or something. They're great at adapting and stuff."

You sighed and nodded. "Oh, uh... please don't mention anything about this conversation to Schlatt, please? I'm not really supposed to be talking about them," you added nervously.

"Uh... yeah, sure. Why can't you talk about them?" Quackity asked.

You laughed, but it came out unnaturally as your nerves got to you. "Ok, I'm going to preface this by saying that I really love Schlatt, and I know how easy it is for him to get jealous, so I'm not upset with him," you started. Quackity suddenly looked nervous. "Anyway... usually when I mention either of my brothers, Schlatt gets really upset, and either ignores me for the rest of the day, or sometimes he'll just yell at me to get over them. Which is understandable."

Quackity looked like he was about to say something, but faltered just as you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder. You tilted your head up to look behind you, smiling when you saw Schlatt.

"Hi you two, whatcha up to?" he asked, returning my smile.

"Oh, nothing," you said, "we were just chatting and eating breakfast." Quackity nodded in agreement.

"Well, do you mind if I steal them from you, Big Q?" Schlatt asked, shifting his hand from your shoulder to take a hold of your hand.

"Not at all." Quackity nodded and stepped back. "See you two around," he said as he turned away.

You and Schlatt started walking in the other direction. "Is everything ok?" you asked.

"I'm not sure, I just wanted to make sure you were ok, something feels off," Schlatt answered quietly.