Boom (C!Tommy)

reader pronouns: he/him

tw: burns, injuries, light gore, bad worbs

Y/N sprinted for his house, chastising himself for allowing himself to stay out for so long. The sky was completely dark, his only source of light being the torch he held in his left hand, and the half-moon, hanging in the sky, as if it was taunting Y/N with its position of safety in the sky. Y/N held tightly onto the sword in his right hand, glancing over his shoulder and willing himself to go faster when he saw the abundance of zombies following him.

He reached his house, almost dropping his sword as he stumbled inside, slamming the door behind him. He put his torch away while watching out the window, trying to catch his breath. Zombies were starting to walk up to his house, meandering around the area in front of the house, possibly looking for a way in.

Y/N let out a slow breath, knowing he was safe. He stashed the stuff he had gathered from mining in the chest near the door and went upstairs to sleep.

The sound of zombies burning woke Y/N up the next morning, and he forced himself out of bed, his legs and arms still sore from running and mining all day. He went downstairs and grabbed some food from one of his chests, eating it while he grabbed another few pieces to stash in his inventory. Then he sorted through his bag, making sure he only had the necessities, and nothing he would be upset about losing. Once he got that sorted out, it was time for him to head out. Y/N's friend Tommy would be showing up soon so they could hang out and cause chaos or whatever.

Y/N checked out the windows next to the door to make sure that the coast was clear and that there weren't any remaining mobs that could kill him the second he walked out. After determining everything was safe, Y/N opened the door and stepped outside.

He heard the swish of grass under feet and smiled, turning to meet Tommy. His heart dropped when he saw something that definitely wasn't Tommy.

Hsss.... Boom.

The creeper exploded faster than Y/N could react, sending him flying back a few feet. His back slammed into the hard dirt, knocking the wind out of him, but he landed mostly unburned. A few cuts on his face and arms were bleeding, and a spot on his cheek stung in the cool morning air, but other than that he was unwounded.

Y/N sat up with a gasp, blinking his eyes a few times to get rid of the headache he had gained. Standing up, he ran back over to his house, hoping it had escaped relatively unscathed like him. But it was in vain, the whole front of the house had been blown away, leaving bits of burning wood.

Y/N screamed and jumped over a burning plank, scooping up the things that had been knocked out of his chests. "Fuck, fuck, fuck- I KNEW it was a bad idea to put those by the door!" He cursed, feeling about ready to cry. A good amount of his stuff had been saved, and he quickly built a new chest, running upstairs and placing it down before setting his stuff inside.

He let out a sigh, heading back downstairs. Maybe he could get Tommy to help him fix the house later. But just when he was about to get back outside, another creeper slid into view, walking into Y/N's newly wall-less living room.

"Oh no, you're fucking kidding me..." He muttered, backing up quickly and grabbing his sword out of his bag. He lunged forward, striking at the creeper before retreating quickly, trying to keep the monster from exploding.

He lunged a second time, but this time he got caught on a loose board and tripped, falling right in front of the creeper. It started to flash white, hsss... then boom.

Y/N managed to curl into a ball just before the explosion, covering his head with his hands. Since this explosion was so much closer, his hands retained a good bit of burns, the blast almost deafening Y/N.

He sat up slowly, his body suddenly a lot more sore than it was before, with an extra pain now added. There was a sharp pain in his arm, and he looked down, a sob catching in his throat when he saw his arm stabbed with a jagged piece of wood. Turning his arm over, the sob escaped when he saw that the piece of wood was longer than expected, and went all the way through his arm.

Now he was just relying on the adrenaline to keep him from feeling the full force of the pain, but he knew that soon it would wear off, and he would be fucked.

Y/N grabbed the chunk of wood, whimpering loudly when just touching it made the pain ten times worse. He felt nauseous, but he didn't know if it was from the pain or just from the thought of his arm being impaled.

Sucking it up, Y/N steeled himself and attempted to pull the wood out. He cried out in pain, tears welling up in his eyes as the pain worsened into something he had never felt before. He almost started hyperventilating, but calmed himself down enough to think. Grabbing a loose piece of wood from the floor, he put it into his mouth, biting down hard before trying to yank the wood out again. This time he didn't stop, but kept pulling it out through the pain, screaming around the wood in his mouth. The wood slid out slowly, and after what felt like an eternity, Y/N pulled it entirely, dropping the bloody chunk of wood onto the floor. He let the wood fall out of his mouth, wailing in pain, breathing through his teeth, hugging his arm to his chest. He didn't even want to look through it, he could already picture what it would look like. The wood had been fairly thick, maybe an inch and a half wide. Looking at his arm would only confirm the fear that he had an entire fucking hole in his arm, one that you could look through and see the floor on the other side.

"What the fuck??" he heard outside. "Y/N? Where are you??"

"Tommy? I- I'm in here-!" he said through his crying.

Tommy violently burst inside, beating out the remaining fire as he came in, stopping dead in his tracks when he saw you. "What the fuck happened?"

"Two creepers exploded, and then my arm got hurt," Y/N said without looking at Tommy, keeping his back turned.

"How hurt? Are you ok?" Tommy asked, his volume dramatically decreasing.

Y/N choked on a sob and held his arm up for Tommy to see, still refusing to turn around.

"Oh FUCK!" Tommy shouted, clearly starting to panic. "How do you- what do we- how-"

"I dunno, I'll bandage it up and eat something, it'll be- it'll be fine..." Y/N hiccupped, taking in a shaky breath, wiping at his face.

He heard Tommy sit behind him, then felt Tommy hug him from behind, trying to be as gentle as he was capable of being.

Y/N shuddered and turned around in Tommy's arms, embracing his hug and hiding his face in Tommy's chest. "I thought I was dead..." He muttered.

"I know, I know..." Tommy whispered. "You're ok, I've got you. I won't let any more creepers come anywhere near you. We'll get you fixed up and everything will be fine, yeah?"

Y/N nodded in agreement, hugging Tommy with his unwounded arm. "It hurts, Tommy-" he whimpered, tears leaking down his cheeks.

"It's gonna be ok, don't worry... I've got you, I've got you..." Tommy repeated.

You believed him.