Something Much Worse (pt. 2)

Wilbur led Schlatt to the couch, pushing him gently so he sat down.

Don't act scared, don't give him a reason to kill you, Schlatt thought as he tried to steady his breath.

He didn't think he was doing a very good job of not acting scared, however, because when Wilbur looked at him, he looked sympathetic. Or perhaps it was pity. Or something else. It was a bit hard to read the demon.

"You don't need to act so scared, darling," Wilbur told him with a slight smile, sitting on the couch next to him. He seemed to shrink a bit in size so he was smaller than Schlatt, leaning into his side happily.

Schlatt looked off to the side so he wouldn't have to make eye contact with Wilbur's unnervingly black eyes. They looked like endless voids, light reflecting off of them like stars.

Wilbur hugged Schlatt's arm tightly as he leaned into his side, a quiet but deep sound starting from his chest, making him vibrate slightly.

Was he... purring? Could demons do that?

Schlatt sighed, risking a glance at the demon, which was a mistake. Wilbur was looking up at him with wide eyes that were somehow made cuter by how dark they were, his pointed ears perked up. He had tiny freckles that sprinkled his nose that Schlatt hadn't noticed before.

No, stop. The stalker demon is not cute, stop thinking that.

"Did you just shrink?" Schlatt asked to keep his mind off of other thoughts.

Wilbur cocked his head before grinning. "You noticed? Usually I only do it in such small margins that nobody really notices."

"So you did?"

"It's one of my... less interesting powers," Wilbur admitted, wrinkling his nose.

"How small can you get?" Schlatt asked, suddenly curious.

"As small as I want, I suppose. Why?" Wilbur asked.

"I just find it interesting, I guess," Schlatt sighed, looking away again.

Wilbur's odd purring noise got louder and he snuggled harder into Schlatt's side, his cool body curling into Schlatt.

"You're kind of cold," Schlatt commented.

"Most demons are temperature oriented like that. Demons from Hell are a lot warmer than I am," Wilbur explained patiently.

"Huh..."

"Enough questions. I didn't kidnap you to get interviewed," Wilbur huffed, his purring starting to quiet.

"Right, sorry..." Schlatt muttered, his sense of self preservation kicking in.

***

Wilbur would leave for hours at a time, leaving Schlatt alone. The first time Wilbur left, Schlatt spent the whole time looking for an exit. But everything was sealed off, the only doors led into rooms that were identical to the ones in Schlatt's home, and there weren't any windows. It seemed the only way out was through Wilbur's teleportation skills.

So Schlatt gave up. Maybe Wilbur wasn't as bad as he thought, maybe he could fake his way out of here.

But the longer he stayed with Wilbur, the more he forgot about his plan. There was just something so appealing about the demon, the way he would shower Schlatt with attention and compliments and cuddles.

Schlatt refused to like Wilbur back, but of course, he forgot about that too.

Then came the fateful day where he really gave up trying to ignore Wilbur's love.

"Darlingggg, I'm homeeee~" Wilbur sang, appearing in the living room, his wings expanding behind him before settling against his back.

Schlatt entered the living room, angry at himself for almost lighting up at Wilbur's presence.

"Hi Wilbur," Schlatt muttered, keeping his voice monotone but smiling so Wilbur wouldn't get upset at him.

"I missed youuuu," Wilbur whined, teleporting just in front of Schlatt and hugging him tightly, his tail starting to wind around Schlatt's leg.

Schlatt shuddered happily at the physical contact, leaning into Wilbur. He was used to himself being happy at the hugs Wilbur gave him, but he never hugged Wilbur back.

Until today.

Schlatt carefully wrapped his arms around Wilbur, pulling himself into the cool demon, nearly melting. "I missed you too..."

Wilbur let out a surprised squeak, his grip tightening around Schlatt. "You did??"

Schlatt nodded silently.

Wilbur made a sound of happiness, the deep rumble starting in his chest again, vibrating against Schlatt's chest as Wilbur purred. "I knew you'd come around."

Schlatt sighed quietly, resting his head on Wilbur's shoulder, nuzzling into the demon's neck. "Yeah, guess you were right."

hahaha dumbass got himself stolkholm syndromed